Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
just boardgamesearch.com.au I think
This is my immediate go-to site when I'm pricing a game.

I gotta say, 9 times out of 10, I find Gameology here in Melbourne offers the best prices (and is relatively close to home so no postage either).

This is my immediate go-to site when I'm pricing a game.

I gotta say, 9 times out of 10, I find Gameology here in Melbourne offers the best prices (and is relatively close to home so no postage either).
I've gotten lots from them.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
House of War in Ringwood
https://www.houseofwar.com.au
Or
Check out their FB page.

Massive joint. Opens until 11pm most nights. Thursday-Saturday opens from midday till 1am.

Have table hire for miniatures and card games from $5 per person. Have nearly something happening each night like Malifaux, warmachine and Hordes and Warhammer 40k.

If you want to paint, they have painting tables set up where you can use your own, or their brushes, glues, paints etc (most likely left by other users). Its the largest in Australia.

Bring in food or buy your own. They even sell alcohol.

Another small local is
Knights of Dice
https://www.knightsofdice.com/store/

Would love to see these guys do well. Based in Heidelberg, Vic.They have just released a range of travel and strike bags (basic black and white). Look good and at $45 (strike)-$89(travel) enough to carry 2 armies.

Their foams as well range between $10-$25 and custom make id you give them the dimensions.

Took over an old joint (lazerworks IIRC or something like that) and do CanCon.

Lots of love on their FB page for Australia made over Battlefoam where you pay through the nose.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Cheers for the Knights of Dice tip.
No worries mate.

The owner cut me a deal. 2 strike force bags filled with 2 pluck foam trays each for $100 as I travelled from Pakenham (1hr) and they didnt have the trays to fit my Trollbloods. Would normally cost $120

He is a ripping bloke. They are just getting their storeroom set up as the old owner had a ton of X1 fighter plane foams so they are making a ton of different ones to meet the market needs.

Custom cut foams can take 30mins if you use the app on their website and cost no more than $25 which is cheap comparee to battlefoam and he will do packages.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
A fair price drop on Suburbia @ Milsims right now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180121-102211.jpg
    Screenshot_20180121-102211.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 197

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Never played it... Good game?
I've enjoyed the games of it I've played. I think it does a good job of applying bonuses or penalties to tile placement based on real-world scenarios. E.g. putting a school next to a power plant is generally a bad thing.

Ranks in the top 100 (overall) on BGG, which of course depends on what importance you place on such things.

General Soreness

Awkward Squad
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did anyone in Melbourne get along to this? My credit card threatened me with physical harm so I stayed away. :)

I went to one of their carpark sales a year or two ago. I was hoping to pick up a few heavily discounted game edition publications from Decision Games and a wargame or two, but there was nothing there for me. There were some large tubs of dice that groups of people were having a good time going through together, and it was kinda fun to shovel one's hands through the dice trying to find dice that people wanted. On the whole though the sale was pretty busy and a lot of games were being bought - there was a steady stream of people leaving with their arms full. I think in the end I got a couple of things from inside at full price.

We visited this shop in Coolangatta yesterday. A nice mum and dad with their two kids. Rentable tables. Mostly family games, no MTG.

$10 flat delivery for online orders. Prices seem in the general realm of good value.

https://sirsquaretoes.com.au

Back