Games that left you shell shocked?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Dons 96 in that centenary game. Bewick kicking 5 last quarter goals, 9 for the game and I think the Dons kicked 9 in the last term.

Completely out of left field. WTF. Just gotta laugh at that s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asapartyhat

Hat wearer
Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
2018 grang final and the lead up to the match winning goal.
If Liam Ryan and Willie Rioli were a pair of dodgy carnies looking for a rube to pull some shenanigans on I reckon they would pick Brayden Maynard every time.
-and it wasn't a free kick.Maynard was decieved fair and square.

Last edited:

Catsnlakers

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
For my club I distinctly remember being shell shocked in 2016 losing to the Blues.... We had never before ( or since ) lost to them at Docklands & they made us look very ordinary that day. A neutral match I remember being shell shocked in was the QF 2002 Power vs Pies .....The Pies had just scraped into 4th & were without Bucks, basically the best player in the league at the time, & somehow won with Licuria playing an all time great match!

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
"A Little Left of Heaven"
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The WB flooding against Essendon in 2000. It was the first time I ever saw the tactic and it meant the Dons lost their only game for the year. It was exciting.

1991 first round.... the Crows demolished the Hawks in their first ever AFL game.... i thought the Crows would be unbeatable, and we were all playing for distant second. And Dermie got suspended for about 8 weeks.
I remember the WB flood well. They beat Blues I think the next week also. They did that to Hawks the week after Blues but we won. I remember Anthony Rock playing a good game and was patient to pin point passes into 50 zone to break through flood.

Top Bottom