Games you enjoyed but others didn't (& vice versa)

Remove this Banner Ad

I purchased Batman Arham Knight today from EB Games. Played it for a little while, it is pretty average. Will take it back tomorrow and get something else.
Have you played any previous Arkham Series games? Arkham Asylum is great on PS3. Am now playing Arkham City (the second in the series). If you haven't, pretty sure Arkham Aslyum and City will be remastered for PS4, definitely check them out.

Have you played any previous Arkham Series games? Arkham Asylum is great on PS3. Am now playing Arkham City (the second in the series). If you haven't, pretty sure Arkham Aslyum and City will be remastered for PS4, definitely check them out.
Seen a bit of gameplay of the older games on YouTube, didn't mind them. Think I will stay away from Batman games now though. Will probably not buy another game until the ones announced at E3 start coming out.

Seriously though, the one that comes to mind instantly is LA Noire; really enjoyed the entire game. Isn't exactly a new topic for this board though, there's a pretty even split between those that liked it and those that didn't. In my experience, though, it wasn't very well received.
Last gen's very own bin investigation simulator.

Playing Elder Scrolls Online at the moment and quite like it despite many hating on it. I think if you go in not expecting Skyrim you're fine

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hated the last of us
Couldn't get into shadow of mordor

Played a *load of swtor and loved that even though most people i talk to hate it.

Maybe that's why. I did the same thing, got bored of it but went back and started again a year or so later. Easily one of my top 5 games. Not going to get much out of it if you don't see it all through.

Maybe that's why. I did the same thing, got bored of it but went back and started again a year or so later. Easily one of my top 5 games. Not going to get much out of it if you don't see it all through.
I have heard that and its sitting there waiting for another go but with all the new games that come out I struggle for the time & motivation to go back and try again. Have a few others I feel the same about actually.

Is this because the game improves near the end?

Recently bought and played it for the first time. No connection with any of the characters, generic missions and a boring map. I had to stop playing, don't see the hype at all.

Far Cry 2 hasn't aged well at all.

On the other hand, Far Cry 4 is the best of the series.

Far Cry 2 wasn't released "well", which is a shame because it has by far the best setting and writing of the series. It is a game first and foremost though, and the gameplay sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Dead Redemption, boring map? It's utterly perfect for it's setting. Hate to see what you guys think of GTA V's map. As for playing it through, it had me hooked from the word go.

Red Dead Redemption, boring map? It's utterly perfect for it's setting. Hate to see what you guys think of GTA V's map. As for playing it through, it had me hooked from the word go.
It's just plains, and every town is a collection of grey buildings.

I loved GTA's map. I only ever got about halfway through Red Dead, just don't see it.

It's just plains, and every town is a collection of grey buildings.

I loved GTA's map. I only ever got about halfway through Red Dead, just don't see it.

GTA V is mostly all giant mountains with nothing interesting. 2 small towns, and 1 city, 2/3rds of which is boring industrial area and an airport, and very little of which is interactive. It is to me the most underachieving map in modern open world gaming.

I am quite enjoying the new King's Quest game from Sierra. A lot of people have dismissed it as an inferior knock-off of what Telltale is doing with episodic storytelling, but I kind of like it for what it is - a nice lighthearted throwback to old-school adventure puzzlers.

Would be nice if they released instalments a bit more frequently though.

I was really hyped for Borderlands pre-release, but when I finally played it on release, the shooting just felt kind of lackluster. I've tried several times but I just can't get into it. Other people seem to love it though.

I know Duke Nukem Forever was universally hated, but I didn't mind it. The shooting felt good and it played pretty much like Duke Nukem 3D... Outdated? Yeah, I guess, but shotgunning aliens in the face never gets old! :D It wasn't great, but it was fun for what it was.

And I don't know if this counts, but I know a lot of people hate World of Warcraft now, especially post WoD, but I still like it (although, I don't know how many people still have a problem with it, legion has been pretty well received so far...).

I was really hyped for Borderlands pre-release, but when I finally played it on release, the shooting just felt kind of lackluster. I've tried several times but I just can't get into it. Other people seem to love it though.

I know Duke Nukem Forever was universally hated, but I didn't mind it. The shooting felt good and it played pretty much like Duke Nukem 3D... Outdated? Yeah, I guess, but shotgunning aliens in the face never gets old! :D It wasn't great, but it was fun for what it was.

And I don't know if this counts, but I know a lot of people hate World of Warcraft now, especially post WoD, but I still like it (although, I don't know how many people still have a problem with it, legion has been pretty well received so far...).
THe loading times was the biggest killer for me. 1-2min loading times were deplorable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back