Review Gaming, RPGs, and other stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Here ya go fellas

Wow quite a few shockers in there! Atkins, Milera, Otten and Galluci are horrid. Curtly Hampton is aboriginal, yet he has black skin?

I thought Tex, Thommo and Betts were near perfect though.

My 9 year old is going to buy me a Switch (with my money). Looking forward to getting into Fortnite.

My 9 year old is going to buy me a Switch (with my money). Looking forward to getting into Fortnite.
My son used to play fortnite all the time at one point. I can remember him telling me that he was somewhat disappointed by it on the Switch and thought it was a bit laggy and went back to playing it on his XBox One X.

They might have patched it and improved it since then though.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have been a gamer all my life, but have been much more sporadic over the last few years. The usual life commitments and not having the NBN probably helped, but I think at some point I realised there was nothing much to show for it. Then there were grand strategy games like Stellaris or simulations like Factorio that could keep me up to stupid hours.

With time constraints and so much available to play these days, I'm mainly just sticking with the stuff that I can play in short bursts. Recently have really enjoyed Hollow Knight (made by Adelaide studio Team Cherry) as well as Axiom Verge. Am probably only waiting for Bloodstained, but who knows if that will ever come out.

I've largely only played World of Warships in recent times, keep meaning to try a bunch more of my games, but I have a new job that's now eating 3 hours a day in transit, and my PC is 11 years old, which makes things take longer and be less fun.

I have the second post in this 2012 thread, and aside from getting a new mid range graphics card and an SSD 4 years ago, and salvaging some DDR3 to double my memory earlier this year, it's still the same machine.

The new AMD ryzen 3 will be out in July, aiming to have the cash to make my long overdue update then, having nice graphics, non glacial load times, and no stuttering over even simple tasks will probably reinvigorate things for me.

I've largely only played World of Warships in recent times, keep meaning to try a bunch more of my games, but I have a new job that's now eating 3 hours a day in transit, and my PC is 11 years old, which makes things take longer and be less fun.

I have the second post in this 2012 thread, and aside from getting a new mid range graphics card and an SSD 4 years ago, and salvaging some DDR3 to double my memory earlier this year, it's still the same machine.

The new AMD ryzen 3 will be out in July, aiming to have the cash to make my long overdue update then, having nice graphics, non glacial load times, and no stuttering over even simple tasks will probably reinvigorate things for me.

I've never been one for the hardware rat race of PC gaming so I have always been a console gamer.

I have tried things here and there PC wise, but usually get burnt at some point by buying something that my PC cannot support so I have always been partial to consoles.

I've never been one for the hardware rat race of PC gaming so I have always been a console gamer.

I have tried things here and there PC wise, but usually get burnt at some point by buying something that my PC cannot support so I have always been partial to consoles.

As a guy who plays games on my Mac (yes we exist) - I've countered this by buying games that are a year or two (or more) old. The other bonuses are that they are cheaper (especially in a Steam sale), many of the bugs are cleaned up and the mod community has had time to do their their thing. Also the cream rises to the top over time so you know where to better spend your time.

Also depends what kind of stuff you feel like. I love my PS4 and Switch but when I want a good strategy game (like Stellaris or Civ) it's harder to find there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back