Gaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Gimme the Fyfe

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Casual gamer here, its getting harder to find the time these days. Fave games tend to be on Nintendo Switch - light-hearted, good natured, social fun that doesn't isn't all time consuming.

Just got a copy of 'Mario Strikers: Battle League' (Note. to those new to it; kind of a blend of Soccer/European Handball and Rugby)

Wholesome, good-natured, friendly but competitive, social game (without getting carried away 'time-wise') to get out every now and then!

Anyone else got a copy or interested in getting one? -

BOTTOM LINE:

Pretty keen to form a club/team online play (new one each month) Every month has a competitive season etc. and everyone is still getting the hang of it, so I'd imagine the skill level is fairly even. Ranked matching either away.

My team is currently called 'The Mighty Cucks'

We'll change it to something Dockery of course.

DM if interested.

91-b+WNFfVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Looks a lot like a watered down Blood Bowl?
Blood Bowl 2 is great fun, I used to play the board and figure versions with friends. Nothing like slowly building up a highly-skilled Dwarven Troll Slayer over a tournament season or two, only to see him get his head ripped of by a rampaging Witch Elf and having no resurrections left, player death being (often, but not always) permanent. It's like losing an old friend. Sort of like Freo circa 2011, except less "out for the season" and more figuring out if you've got enough cash to both buy a new player, and pay for the wake.

Wouldn't mind doing something like this casually, but I only have a PC ("only", as if PC owners aren't the master race). I don't own a console.

Looks a lot like a watered down Blood Bowl?
Blood Bowl 2 is great fun, I used to play the board and figure versions with friends. Nothing like slowly building up a highly-skilled Dwarven Troll Slayer over a tournament season or two, only to see him get his head ripped of by a rampaging Witch Elf and having no resurrections left, player death being (often, but not always) permanent. It's like losing an old friend. Sort of like Freo circa 2011, except less "out for the season" and more figuring out if you've got enough cash to both buy a new player, and pay for the wake.

Wouldn't mind doing something like this casually, but I only have a PC ("only", as if PC owners aren't the master race). I don't own a console.

Never knew about this one, although the Warhammer stuff has always been intriguing. Just looked it up on Steam, coincidentally Blood Bowl 2 is $29.95 to $ 4.95 (-85%) and the Legendary Edition with all DLC (which I suppose would be necessary) is $44.95 to $8.99 (-80%).

Looks like an interesting game for sure but also a super time-sink. Thinking of giving it a go for that price though.

I was just looking to see if there were still any leagues in Aus myself, seems there are. I have no idea how populated it is, but it looks as though they even still have some playing the old original game.

But as to the price drop, while hunting around I noticed BB3 is due out this year, so they'd be looking to offload the older versions and that would explain to cheap buy. New one looks like its not much more than a graphic update anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back