Autopsy Garbage vs Gold Coast. Pox filth. Enjoy the off season

Remove this Banner Ad

This has probably been mentioned somewhere up thread but the biggest highlight yesterday by a country mile was at halftime when the young kid drained his kick into the bucket and won $500. It never looked like missing and it would be fair to say by his dad's reaction, that kid ain't seeing a cent of his prize money.

What row? I’ll say hi next year? I’m the North muppet on the fence in row A
We are in row G. Can't say I've noticed a muppet on the fence :D but, due to Covid and my mother getting older and more frail, yesterday's game was our first in about 3 years. We have had the same reserved seats for years and years, though. Happy to say hi next year!

This has probably been mentioned somewhere up thread but the biggest highlight yesterday by a country mile was at halftime when the young kid drained his kick into the bucket and won $500. It never looked like missing and it would be fair to say by his dad's reaction, that kid ain't seeing a cent of his prize money.
That was awesome!

I said the exact same thing to my Dad. I also said someone would show him the vision when he is older and then he will say Dad, you owe me $500 🤣

In the last quarter, Greenwood was on the ground and getting up to his feet, then he looked at the crowd - and had a look of disgust.

Did anyone see this or hear anything? It was on the half forward flank medallion side.

In the last quarter, Greenwood was on the ground and getting up to his feet, then he looked at the crowd - and had a look of disgust.

Did anyone see this or hear anything? It was on the half forward flank medallion side.
Was this in relation to JHF? Jason was abused yesterday.

Very happy with Goater’s debut. JHF played pretty strongly. Buckets great. Goldy and Chom both worked hard. Curtis did a good job for a while on Miller and had some impact himself. Lots of gaps but that’s why we are last again and need the PP support. Feeling excited for next year. And despite the performance and result the crowd was up and about anyway.

Radio said police were called about someone in the crowd yelling s**t at JHF?

Also the GC cheer squad waving lights as our players kicked to their goal was a new one and I’d have thought unwelcome.
I actually had a copper come down to where I was sitting in Bay 18 late in the first quarter a little while after I'd gone a little bit over the top (maybe) at some of Lazzaro's fumbles (who I still think could be a player).

About 30 seconds after my overheated abuse and just before the copper came down the aisle for a chat LDU had streamed into goal and missed a fairly simple opportunity. I suddenly find this copper is suddenly eyeballing me saying 'you think you could have done better?'
Must admit I was kind of stunned and said to him 'what do you mean?'. He repeated himself and my cousin next to me nervously said it's all ok, it's all ok!! Yes I'm biased but I see I myself as a fairly reasonable though passionate supporter. I've never had a copper speak to me put it that way.

Very bizarre moment. I asked him if I'd said something wrong or done something wrong. He just turned around and walked away.
If I was paranoid I'd say I was sitting near Lazzaro's family (our reserved seats are in the player's families area so not completely unfounded) and they dobbed me in to the coppers for abusing their son. If so, I apologise!!

Also Props to the lady a couple of rows behind us in row 28 who called out the bloke who kept yelling out ‘weak as piss North’.

She countered with ‘we’re on the bottom, if you can’t hack it you should support someone else.’

He either left or shut up.

We al know who was weak as piss.

Worse performance than the 100 point losses this season. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope for Jys sake that Clarko doesnt dive into too deep of a review of the game, because his captaincy chances would have diminished massively. Just refuses to defend after a stoppage.

I know we shouldnt take too much form the last game but it was really deflating all round. Very very poor.

Comben looks a fair way off it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why was he kicked out?
Probably for intoxication, fair bet you are when sculling beer from shoes. At least i am at that stage lol, memory barely goes back that far these days.

When i first saw him i thought, here we go. But he was cool and everyone enjoyed his antics.

Worse performance than the 100 point losses this season. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope for Jys sake that Clarko doesnt dive into too deep of a review of the game, because his captaincy chances would have diminished massively. Just refuses to defend after a stoppage.

I know we shouldnt take too much form the last game but it was really deflating all round. Very very poor.

Comben looks a fair way off it too.

I didnt think it was that bad, for large parts of the match we were competing well. Comben didnt have much of a chance, kicking into the F50 was terrible.

So why was he kicked out?
From the start of the game he was giving the security bloke cheek saying he was going for a run today and he hoped the security bloke had his running shoes on. Just having a laugh. On about his fourth shoey (and hatty) he tossed his shoe and it went over the fence onto the boundary. I assume that's what was the final straw.

A club legend honestly. Singlehandedly got bays 29-31 pumping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back