Autopsy Garbage vs Hawthorn - Rd 13

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Just my random thoughts:
Wicks very undisciplined tonight
Rowbottom just never really got going this year, not sure if he has ever got back 100% since his injury
Forwardline didn’t click at all, and defensive effort pretty disappointing
Liked Logan’s disposals - the few he had
Was getting some 2015 vibes with the congested, slow midfield wanting to play in tight, and hawks just flicking straight to the outside and plying uncontested
Parker needs to stop the one handed mark attempts and globetrotter touches sometimes
Hawks fierce at the contest.
Duke Newcombe was impressive (shame, because I think we were interested)

I’m going to chalk this one down to a young, tired team waiting for the bye vs a hungry, vengeful hawks coming off a bye. Will see how we go in two weeks time

Our worst performance in a long time. Worst I've seen since the 2018 EF. Just couldn't get anything going, every posession from the 2nd quarter onwards felt laboured whereas Hawthorn were able to move the ball relatively easily. Hard to think of any positives - I guess Amartey played well? Bell I guess was better than expected?

Side really needs a Plan B. Hawks did a very good job in cutting off the corridor and when forced to the boundary the side seems to leak clangers (also did a great job in nullfying Hickey - who really has been carrying our midfield for a number of weeks). Bye came at a crucial, crucial time. Next three games brutal though.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
We were s**t. Umps were shitter. Once again, it feels like the officiating influenced the game, though thankfully we were gormless enough that it probably didn't effect the overall result. Probably.

I know we were terrible and we should make no excuses for that but some serious questions need to be asked about the state of umpiring in the game...

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
People on another forum I look at are insisting there was nothing wrong with the umpiring. I guess it's a Melbourne thing. They pretend not to see it. Or they actually like to see us get screwed over, so it ain't no breaking point. Nothing will change.
It was shameless. Normally the commentators avoid calling out s**t calls, but Duck called out at least 3 that weren’t called. Frost taking out Wicks in the forward line was appalling.

People on another forum I look at are insisting there was nothing wrong with the umpiring. I guess it's a Melbourne thing. They pretend not to see it. Or they actually like to see us get screwed over, so it ain't no breaking point. Nothing will change.
When the commentary says we were renamed there must be something in it.....Hawks didn’t need the leg up, they would have got the job done anyhow but the umpiring was basically corrupt tonight.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
AFL would've watched first hand the pathetic performance from the umps tonight. Employ them fill time.

Bring Blakey in. I don't give two shits what anyone thinks of him, he cracks in. We were outnumbered at the contest everywhere atleast he puts his arse on the line.

Drop wicks at our own peril. He's so important to our structure when we're playing well. Just need to work on his discipline.

Hopefully this is a wake up call we need.

Funny how our most composed player is an 18 year old. Guess who it is...

Looking forward to gulden, blakey, Campbell and Reid coming back in to steady the ship. Play the team that destroyed the comp in the first few rounds.

2 week review for these plodders and our melters on this board. Let's regroup. See y'all in 2 weeks. We're well ahead of where we'd ever hope we'd be so heads up lads and ladettes.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Deep down inside lets be real here... it was only a matter of time again before the bubble bursted really with all the tight wins and losses. And now playing a team on a 10 day break vs a 6 day break. Wouldve rather faced the dogs... at least it might have been a scheduled loss.
Even if we make finals we're not contending so I'm not sweating the win/loss but it's about effort. Having a crack and moving forward. That felt like two steps back.

sr20

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Sydney
Longmire better take the fine and say something for once instead of just accepting this rubbish week after week. Different sets of rules for us every week.

the worst thing is, Hawthorn were the better team on the night, and deserve plaudits, but it’s so hard to see that after being absolutely reamed by the umpires.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I think it is time to sit Heeney down and ask him what sort of player he wants to be. Does he want to be the sort of player who can lead this club or is he happy being the sort of player who has 6 or 7 really good matches a year and the rest either average or bad.
I dunno. I kind of agree but he's had a great month until tonight. He's now playing 90% game time in the forward line and tonight we had * all forward 50 entries.

Back