Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
Nice bump!

I'd love to know whether it's "a thing" that home gardeners with limited space look at long range forecasts before deciding what to plant.

I pack quite a bit into my limited space, but because it hasn't been that hot in Melbourne this summer I can't grow a cucumber or a carrot for love or money. On the other end of the spectrum, my strawberries, blueberries and chillis are going ape-sh*t cos we've had some pretty consistent rain that they love.

Would planting according to long range forecasts be considered a bit OTT?

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Nice bump!

I'd love to know whether it's "a thing" that home gardeners with limited space look at long range forecasts before deciding what to plant.

I pack quite a bit into my limited space, but because it hasn't been that hot in Melbourne this summer I can't grow a cucumber or a carrot for love or money. On the other end of the spectrum, my strawberries, blueberries and chillis are going ape-sh*t cos we've had some pretty consistent rain that they love.

Thats why 'Almanacks' got published

Its why for years The Advertiser had planting guides for 'best weather' growing

I used it for my tomatoes etc

patterns

Rookie
Dec 31, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Got given a couple of those half wooden barrels like the wineries use.

Great height and very convenient for a small garden area, they look pretty good as well.

Hawk Dork

Hall of Famer
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Nice bump!

Just water more

and use this

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I am not a gardener at all, hence why I'm here.

I have five well established mop top trees in my backyard. The kid who has been mowing my lawns for about three years likes to dump the grass clippings around the bottom of the tree trunk. I've just been told that this can kill trees, so have removed the clippings.

Does anybody know how long it might take to kill a tree this way and whether this type of tree would be likely to be affected?

Cheers. 🌳

Remove this Banner Ad