Garland....

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a snippet in an article this morning saying there was interest in Col.

This is how BS snowballs....all of a sudden he wants out.

I ******* hate how unaccountable the media is for the bullshit they perpetrate, a week ago we'd signed Monfries on for four seasons and no other club could touch our offer according to Jay Clark.

I ******* hate how unaccountable the media is for the bullshit they perpetrate, a week ago we'd signed Monfries on for four seasons and no other club could touch our offer according to Jay Clark.

The club has a hate / hate relationship with the media at the moment, they just let it go.

Ideally I'd like to see the club get on the front foot next year and respond everytime a single piece of bullshit is written about us

Hold the pricks to account

The media are such jokes, they just about scrape the bottom of the barrel for a story. Just like how they reported 'AFL star walks out on Melbourne' when infact it was just Kelvin Lawrence, who hadn't even played a game and was only on the rookie list anyway.

And according to the HUN apparently we've been in advanced talks with Shannon Byrnes despite him denying any contact had been made, and have already signed Angus Monfries on a four year deal despite the fact that free agency month hasn't even opened yet :rolleyes:

When did Fish n Chip owners stop using the Herald Sun for wrapping up Greasy Flake? Can't seem to see it's purpose anymore..

Oh i forgot, there is of course wrapping up fishing bait!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That ran before that link posted on the facebook page

So basically the facebook page has created the rumour from a small snippet in a HUN article

One credible source, 'piggy-backing' off another... How could this winning combination ever lead us astray!!

One credible source, 'piggy-backing' off another... How could this winning combination ever lead us astray!!

Yup, gutfeel "journalism" at it's finest.

Perhaps with these guys being so intuitive, police forces around the country could start sending them some unsolved cases for their comment

According to the media, literally every Melbourne listed player is leaving the club, including Dared Aroused.

Everyone should just take full advantage of the yet to be closed loophole of copying the link into google to gain access to the full article :thumbsu:
You can also go to the courier mail website which has the same articles but you don't have to pay for access.

I used to really like Garland. I remember thinking Frawley, Garland, Stef Martin and Rivers would be in the top 2-3 backlines in the league come 2011. But what has let us down is the fact that none of them can kick a football consistently. We can now add Tom Mcdonald to that category. All of these guys are good defenders, but none can kick. This is why Fletcher and Glass and those sorts are such good defenders. It's because they are decent users. As I'm wriiting this I've realised how tall our backline is add Davis and Sellar to that bracket and I think we need to give 3 of them the flick.
For me it would be Davis, Sellar and Garland. Garland, because people say he is versatile because he plays on talls and smalls, but he still gets toweled by both, should be intersting to see what we do with these guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back