Garland....

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubtful. He signed a 3 year contract under Neeld, he's in the leadership group, I reckon he'd be one Neeld would want to keep

Too right, it took Garland like 5 years to start talking to his team mates apparently, I doubt he is the kind of guy that wants to shove off after coming out of his shell and establishing himself over the last couple of years.

Too right, it took Garland like 5 years to start talking to his team mates apparently, I doubt he is the kind of guy that wants to shove off after coming out of his shell and establishing himself over the last couple of years.

We need to hear from Col's bro, SFebey

Hey guys sorry to but in. But don't believe a word that facebook page has wrote everything on there seems bullshit and all made up by the admin it seems!!

Hey guys sorry to but in. But don't believe a word that facebook page has wrote everything on there seems bullshit and all made up by the admin it seems!!

Yeah don't think too many were taking it seriously

I mean the same day a snippet of an article says "....there has been interest in Colin Garland" (and let's be honest, being it was the HUN they probably got the name wrong a la when they said "Aaron Davey Pictured Here" and had a picture of Bennell):

Eddie-McGuire.jpg

we then get some non credible source saying he's requested a trade.

Yeah don't think too many were taking it seriously

I mean the same day a snippet of an article says "....there has been interest in Colin Garland" (and let's be honest, being it was the HUN they probably got the name wrong a la when they said "Aaron Davey Pictured Here" and had a picture of Bennell):

Eddie-McGuire.jpg

we then get some non credible source saying he's requested a trade.
i only had to have one look at that page and new half the s**t posted was made up. Considering Koschitzke wouldn't leave and (Sadly i know after poor form) we'll be keeping him.

God re-reading that facebook page, what a load of drivel

It's as though the guy hears a rumour on bigfooty and posts it as legit....he should find something else to do with his free time

Garland was recently home commenting about how much faith he has in the new direction of the club. The elite standards and happy with his new deal. Media rubbish. Going nowhere. Remember the rumors Wonnaemirri was being drafted by a rival club? Brad Green to GWS? Yeah they are bored and have nothing to write about Melb..so create rumors to sell papers to Melb fans...real journalism sells....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bullshit that has been going on in the European football media has finally made its way to Australia. It's been happening for year's where "journalists" will literally make up stories out of thin air about how so-and-so to Barcelona is a done deal when in reality nothing happens.

Exciting fiction is far more likely to sell papers and gain hits than boring truth, and they're never held accountable for it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.119208,34.818902

Garland is not untouchable

No offense Boss, but your recent posting and views towards the club, I just don't subscribe to your jumping at every little shadow the pathetic media try to create

HUN "There has been interest in Colin Garland" (did they even get the name right? doubtful)

Some hack kid who likes to post rumour as fact on a poorly constructed facebook page later that day

"Colin Garland has requested a trade"

Please use some sense and put 2 and 2 together......

The bullshit that has been going on in the European football media has finally made its way to Australia. It's been happening for year's where "journalists" will literally make up stories out of thin air about how so-and-so to Barcelona is a done deal when in reality nothing happens.

Exciting fiction is far more likely to sell papers and gain hits than boring truth, and they're never held accountable for it.

---
Welcome back.

On the topic of Garland, I like the way he performed this year in a new position. He and Rivers stood up IMO. I'd be filthy if Rivers left. Garland is an interesting fella, with a bubbly personality under the shell. I can't imagine him wanting a change in Environment. Glad he will be around.

He isn't going anywhere. 28, 29, he will be a seasoned performer. A guy like him at Collingwood would thrive. They have plenty like him, the way he plays. Just need to bump the Melbourne-circa-1965-2012 out of him.

---

crying_baby.jpg

This isn't North Korea. You don't HAVE to read it. Accountability in what way? Tell me a way in which any enforceable method of accountability WON'T lead to the stifling, intimidating of free speech from the common man?

Just don't read it *shrugs*

This isn't North Korea. You don't HAVE to read it. Accountability in what way? Tell me a way in which any enforceable method of accountability WON'T lead to the stifling, intimidating of free speech from the common man?

I think the (valid) point is, is that these "journalists" literally make things up, go into print and don't seem to be embarrassed / remourseful etc. when they're blatanly proven wrong

As I've said before here, a few times the club have called certain journo's on their stories and have been told "it was a gut feel so I ran with it" (i.e. the case of "Brad Green Forced Out")

Perception is everything and to have the clubs name muddied is not something any of us want

So why wouldn't we want accountability against complete and utter fabrications?

I can't lie in my job

These guys lie to the public to try and make a name for themselves

I think the (valid) point is, is that these "journalists" literally make things up, go into print and don't seem to be embarrassed / remourseful etc. when they're blatanly proven wrong

As I've said before here, a few times the club have called certain journo's on their stories and have been told "it was a gut feel so I ran with it" (i.e. the case of "Brad Green Forced Out")

Perception is everything and to have the clubs name muddied is not something any of us want

So why wouldn't we want accountability against complete and utter fabrications?

I can't lie in my job

These guys lie to the public to try and make a name for themselves

OK but I didn't disagree with this, and you didn't answer my question.

OK but I didn't disagree with this, and you didn't answer my question.

There is no solution, other than refusing to give them interviews

That still doesn't make it right or acceptable

bloodpumpsRnB was just having a whinge like we all do

Wasn't asking for them to be jailed or anything

Although in reality, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheahan, Robbo and others face the firing squad :D

crying_baby.jpg

In any line of work, there is a standard that is seen as acceptable. If an employee falls below that, they are held accountable, meaning there are consequences for their actions. If I order a steak and it's overcooked, would my complaint to the manager be met with "oh well, you don't have to eat it if you don't like it"? No, the chef would be held accountable for his mistake.

Journalists are paid to produce high quality, informative and accurate pieces, but these days are getting away with literally writing fiction. Once it is clear that their claims are false, there should be consequences for their mistakes, i.e. pay cut, sacked, burned alive etc.

Journalists are paid to produce high quality, informative and accurate pieces, but these days are getting away with literally writing fiction. Once it is clear that their claims are false, their should be consequences for their mistakes, i.e. pay cut, sacked, burned alive etc.

Exactly right. And of course, this journalistic dishonesty extends well beyond football as well.

What we need are Canadian-style "truth and accuracy" laws, to ensure ethical conduct and guarantee that proper standards are upheld.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back