Delisted #36: Garrett McDonagh - Delisted, thank you for your service - 23/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking he might be another pacy defender similar to Hind, but then noticed in his bio that weakness is speed, unless that is a bio from years ago?

I guess we'll find out what sort of player he is in the new year... best of luck and welcome Garrett!! :thumbsu:

I was thinking he might be another pacy defender similar to Hind, but then noticed in his bio that weakness is speed, unless that is a bio from years ago?

I guess we'll find out what sort of player he is in the new year... best of luck and welcome Garrett!! :thumbsu:
The other kid we got (Alastair Lord) is the pacy one that Shifter compared to Adam Saad (he's been comparing everyone to All Australians so don't read too much into that...)

I’d say medium risk. Pick 50 is still a decent pick and on a 2 year contract. Low risk would be a rookie spot like waterman.

I wonder why they didn't rookie? Maybe they got inside word that Richmond were going to pick him?

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder why they didn't rookie? Maybe they got inside word that Richmond were going to pick him?
Can you play round 1 if your are a rookie if there is no list spot available?

Im not sure what your small back stocks are like but he is ready to go. Elite ball user and a super tank. They may see him as a missing role player who will play early next season?

Can you play round 1 if your are a rookie if there is no list spot available?

Im not sure what your small back stocks are like but he is ready to go. Elite ball user and a super tank. They may see him as a missing role player who will play early next season?

I think you can play if you're a rookie, could be wrong though. I'm guessing it'd take an injury to play him though as we bought in Kelly, so I'm not sure who else would be squeezed out of defence.

BratPack

Team Captain
May 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll give the guy a chance to prove me wrong. But this just reeks of a Dodoro Special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give the guy a chance to prove me wrong. But this just reeks of a Dodoro Special.
What part of it reeks of a Dodoro Special? Looks more like a Truck Special to me...

cobra land

All Australian
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I've watched Garrett play since his u18's days at Northern Knights then onto the VFL at Northern Blues & Coburg then back to his junior club West Preston in the NFL and most recently Richmond VFL.
He is a prodigious left foot kick, is a real dasher who breaks the lines and can kick the ball 60+m with ease.
If I say who he reminds me off I'd say he plays alot like Daniel Rich at Brisbane.

greysong

Senior List
Apr 1, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Pick the right 18yo at #50 and you can get a 150+ gamer. Was hoping we'd go that route. Nevertheless, let's see what Garrett can bring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back