Moved Thread Garry Ablett Matthew Kennedy & God

Remove this Banner Ad

We also know some religions are anti-gay and we know some players belong to said religions, yet the view is not challenged unless expressed on social media, which makes it a version of don't ask don't tell tolerance and just as spineless and hypocritical as that policy was.
Sure, but maybe spineless tolerance is morally better than convicting people for thoughtcrimes. At least in some circumstances anyway.

Sure, but maybe spineless tolerance is morally better than convicting people for thoughtcrimes. At least in some circumstances anyway.
The AFL don't have to convict people of thought crimes, they could conduct a simple survey and then suspend all the homophobes.

The AFL don't have to convict people of thought crimes, they could conduct a simple survey and then suspend all the homophobes.
That happened way back when someone had a problem with liking a social media post.
Expression of a well known religious conviction.
Drag your arse back upto the first post and ask yourself, “do I have a point, or am I an indignant hypocrite?”

Drag your arse back upto the first post and ask yourself, “do I have a point, or am I an indignant hypocrite?”
The point is religious people we like don't get asked about homosexuals, but the ones we don't like do. We should either condemn all the religiously motivated homophobes or none of them.

Are you this militant about other religions who impose chastity or only when it applies to one group, homosexuals?

Chastity is a completely different thing to homosexuality.

Or are you just throwing any old sexual term around now to muddy the waters?

I'll make my position clear for you (again) just so that there is no ambiguity. Anybody or any religion that discriminates against people on the basis of their sexual orientation is bigoted. They are also wrong, no matter which imaginary deity they hide behind.

Chastity, so that you are also aware is the choice to disengage from any sexual activity. It is not related in any way to somebody's sexual orientation but it would seem that you can't tell the difference. I am here to help though, so don't you worry about getting your facts correct. I can easily sort that for you.

I've been trawling this site looking for the howls of protest from posters about Brunei's proposal to re-instate stoning for homosexuals and all I came up with was some limp whinging about someone liking a post.

As far as most reasonable people are aware, no young gay person looks to Brunei for inspiration.

Whether you like it or not, they do look at their sports heroes though.

Chastity is a completely different thing to homosexuality.

Or are you just throwing any old sexual term around now to muddy the waters?

I'll make my position clear for you (again) just so that there is no ambiguity. Anybody or any religion that discriminates against people on the basis of their sexual orientation is bigoted. They are also wrong, no matter which imaginary deity they hide behind.

Chastity, so that you are also aware is the choice to disengage from any sexual activity. It is not related in any way to somebody's sexual orientation but it would seem that you can't tell the difference. I am here to help though, so don't you worry about getting your facts correct. I can easily sort that for you.
I never said they were the same thing and I don't know what facts you think you can correct in a question.
Given it is completely unrelated to orientation, would you have any problem with a religion prohibiting sodomy?

I never said they were the same thing and I don't know what facts you think you can correct in a question.
Given it is completely unrelated to orientation, would you have any problem with a religion prohibiting sodomy?

FFS, you are now just being deliberately obtuse. You are bordering on trolling but anyway, again I will try to set you straight on what I (and most reasonable people) believe.

Any consensual sexual activity between two (or more as is a person's preference) people who are capable of making and understanding their own decisions (ergo adults) and those activities impact nobody but those who have consented is NO BUSINESS OF ANY RELIGION OR PERSON.

Basically, and I will make this really simple for you so that you stop asking dumb questions...religion, and by that I mean ALL religion (just so you aren't confused, I know it's difficult for you so I have bolded and underlined it for you) is nonsense and has no place in dictating how people live their lives.

Furthermore, any person that believes in religion is dangerously close to being insane. And I don't want the insane telling me who I can and cannot have sex with (assuming consent with other adults, so as not to confuse any idiots out there) and how I may or may not participate in sexual acts of my own free will and the free will of other participants. It is no business of the religious nutters out there and it is beyond arrogant that those nutters think they are allowed force their un-provable theology upon others.

Do you finally understand or am I in fact trying to (further) outline my position to an idiot?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Religion has no authority to prohibit anything. Why do religions want to get involved in the sexual activity of consenting adults? It's got me f....ng dumbfounded.

As far as most reasonable people are aware, no young gay person looks to Brunei for inspiration.

Whether you like it or not, they do look at their sports heroes though.

Ok.

A nation got within a bee's diaphragm of introducing the stoning to death of gay people, who cares?

Gary Ablett liked Israel Folau's post saying that I was going to some imaginary place, :'(:devil::huh:

Ok.

A nation got within a bee's diaphragm of introducing the stoning to death of gay people, who cares?

Gary Ablett liked Israel Folau's post saying that I was going to some imaginary place, :'(:devil::huh:

Guess what mate, we have no say over what Brunei does or does not do. Brunei is a sovereign nation. However, we can vote with our feet and not go there or boycott their state owned hotels, whatever.

In this country we generally frown upon hate speech. Now little Gaz and hypocrite Israel can hide behind their imaginary friend all they like but hate speech is hate speech. And bigotry is bigotry.

And hypocrisy is most certainly hypocrisy. Leviticus 19:28 says ”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord." Here is a recent photo of moral guardian Israel Folau:

1557123193642.png

Perhaps Izzy needs to make his own peace with his pretend friend before he preaches to us heathens.

On a number of occasions I've overheard members of the LGBT community refer to straights with barely disguised disdain as nothing more than mere
'breeders' and other similar slurs.

Personal Care Factor: 0

I just shrug my shoulders an keep on going on my merry way.

Just because some religious nut/s use/s a disparaging term (i.e. Muslims calling me a dirty worthless kafir) that is only meaningful to its followers, if I don't respect that religion (Islam is probably the religion the least worthy of respect in modern times or at any time in history to be honest) in the first place than I'd have to be an absolute brain dead nuffie to get upset about it unless I had some agenda and opportunistically feign offense to attack that religion.

And if a kid has to rely on what a sportsperson has to say on anything for guidance in life than that says more about the utter failure of his/her parents and the little bugger has got bigger problems than hearing that a rugby player thinks being gay is sinful and going to hell, much much bigger issues to deal with I'd imagine.

Religion has no authority to prohibit anything. Why do religions want to get involved in the sexual activity of consenting adults? It's got me f....ng dumbfounded.
Double Like Button with a condom on top.
Religion has no authority over anything.

On a number of occasions I've overheard members of the LGBT community refer to straights with barely disguised disdain as nothing more than mere
'breeders' and other similar slurs.

Personal Care Factor: 0

I just shrug my shoulders an keep on going on my merry way.

Just because some religious nut/s use/s a disparaging term (i.e. Muslims calling me a dirty worthless kafir) that is only meaningful to its followers, if I don't respect that religion (Islam is probably the religion the least worthy of respect in modern times or at any time in history to be honest) in the first place than I'd have to be an absolute brain dead nuffie to get upset about it unless I had some agenda and opportunistically feign offense to attack that religion.

And if a kid has to rely on what a sportsperson has to say on anything for guidance in life than that says more about the utter failure of his/her parents and the little bugger has got bigger problems than hearing that a rugby player thinks being gay is sinful and going to hell, much much bigger issues to deal with I'd imagine.

Valid points. Simplest way to put it , it’s basically hate speech. I’m sure if someone put up the same list and replaced homosexuals with indigenous. There would be an outcry also and rightfully so.

In reference to being a kid and being gay. you don’t tell your parents. So seeing things in the media about homosexuals and hearing people use gay slurs is hugely influential on your mindset of if you should come out. Seems silly , but the feeling is intensified of not knowing if people will accept you.

Everything on that list is a choice apart from one.

Marriage equality wasn’t pushed by the gay community to just have a flashy wedding. Was to pave the way for the kids of the future to grow up feeling more accepted than past generations. Hence why “ homosexuals will go to hell “ is hugely discriminative and effecting to young kids finding their sexuality.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Valid points. Simplest way to put it , it’s basically hate speech. I’m sure if someone put up the same list and replaced homosexuals with indigenous. There would be an outcry also and rightfully so.

In reference to being a kid and being gay. you don’t tell your parents. So seeing things in the media about homosexuals and hearing people use gay slurs is hugely influential on your mindset of if you should come out. Seems silly , but the feeling is intensified of not knowing if people will accept you.

Everything on that list is a choice apart from one.

Marriage equality wasn’t pushed by the gay community to just have a flashy wedding. Was to pave the way for the kids of the future to grow up feeling more accepted than past generations. Hence why “ homosexuals will go to hell “ is hugely discriminative and effecting to young kids finding their sexuality.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The single best post in this entire thread.

Uhh...exactly.

Which is why I don't get the attention this issue has got, because it's not going to lead to people routing out homosexuals and beating them up. It's not going to lead to legislation changes saying they should be brutally stoned to death. If you don't believe in the Bible, then why would it be of any consequence to you when someone says you are going to Hell. 'Fine then, he believes I'm going to Hell, I don't believe in Hell.' If people see something they disagree with in regard to beliefs and something which is clearly never going to affect anyone physically, is it so hard to just move on?

It happens all the time. Religious differences, political, ideological and philosophical differences. In this very thread someone said 'People that believe in religion are dangerously close to being insane.'

Fair enough, mate. We disagree. However you're not calling for people who follow religion to be thrown into mental asylums and psychiatric wards, so who cares?

So, if I walked around the streets door knocking and telling people that I was Jesus Christ and to give me money because I had come back for the rapture would you think I should be locked up in an asylum? Let's say I stood on a street corner and rambled on about being God, all gays go to hell and that everyone should follow me or I would condemn them to an eternity of fire and brimstone? Would you think I was insane?

Because me telling everybody that I am Jesus Christ and a church pastor preaching the "word of God (seriously)" in front of a congregation are exactly the same thing. One story is quite literally as provable as the other. Yet I would go to the asylum and the preacher would get donations to cover the payments on his new Range Rover and a fat tax deduction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back