Moved Thread Garry Ablett Matthew Kennedy & God

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Garry Ablett liked Israel Folau's homophobic rant. How Christian of him. As far as I'm concerned both him and Carlton's Matthew Kennedy should be fined by the AFL. I don't give a shite if he withdrew it or not. His like was already out there for people to see.

There is no place for homophobia in the AFL let alone society. These comments hurt people. Young people who are having identity issues or trouble coming out to religious families kill themselves over comments like these.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Garry Ablett liked Israel Folau's homophobic rant. How Christian of him. As far as I'm concerned both him and Carlton's Matthew Kennedy should be fined by the AFL. I don't give a shite if he withdrew it or not. His like was already out there for people to see.

There is no place for homophobia in the AFL let alone society. These comments hurt people. Young people who are having identity issues or trouble coming out to religious families kill themselves over comments like these.

It was a statement on his fundamentalist Christian beliefs as subscribed to by millions of people worldwide. You call it a rant because you disagree with it. Fair enough. Best thing to do. Ignore him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way ban or limit yourself from social media usage or following them .

Obviously it’s going to be a theme prevalent with devout Christians. I mean from a religious perspective the hardscore are awfully conservative. You can’t change that unfortunately. The issue becomes the public use of that stance which obviously impacts supporters of sports, both AFL and Rugby. If it polarises and divides where sport is seen and used as an element to become a social adhesive, then it’s a problem.

I think it’s best they don’t really make these opinions public.

I am an atheist and I disagree with Falou's views VERY strongly. But that's what the bible teaches. It's not like he woke up one day and decided to be a hateful bigot. It's what's taught around the world in thousands of churches and similar to themes to what would be preached in many mosques, synagogues, temples etc.

I wouldn't call it a homophobic rant. While that has attracted most of the attention, Falou was also criticising drunks, fornicators, adulterers, thieves, atheists and more. Like my kids and those Coles minis, he was hell-bent on collecting the whole set.

I wish he’d tweeted this sort of stuff when he was at GWS. It would have been hilarious to watch the AFL tie itself in knots over this. The highest paid player in the comp, the face of the leagues movement into enemy territory and with the aflw only a year or so off launching. Would have been an amazing train wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunks
Homosexuals
Adulterers
Liars
Fornicators
Thieves
Atheists
Idolaters

**** me, 99% of footballers must fall in to one of those categories, Gary is going to be lonely up there in heaven.
As long as you repent you're fine, It's a loop hole like the mental health excuse to avoid drug tests, Heaven and god are looking into the matter as we speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am an atheist and I disagree with Falou's views VERY strongly. But that's what the bible teaches. It's not like he woke up one day and decided to be a hateful bigot. It's what's taught around the world in thousands of churches and similar to themes to what would be preached in many mosques, synagogues, temples etc.

I wouldn't call it a homophobic rant. While that has attracted most of the attention, Falou was also criticising drunks, fornicators, adulterers, thieves, atheists and more. Like my kids and those Coles minis, he was hell-bent on collecting the whole set.
What i find hilarious is that the idiotic media is claiming this is discrimination against homosexuals. Pretty much everyone is on his hell list in one category. I make at least five categories.

Its only discrimination against homosexuals if they were left off the list.

Drunks
Homosexuals
Adulterers
Liars
Fornicators
Thieves
Atheists
Idolaters

**** me, 99% of footballers must fall in to one of those categories, Gary is going to be lonely up there in heaven.
Gary doesnt make it either. He was having sex out of marriage. And he lied constantly about his meetings with the gold coast suns in 2010.

Funny how fundamentalist Christians pick and choose those beliefs that will condemn people to hell.

I look forward to Gaz, Kennedy and Folau sitting out their next Sunday game, falling as it does on the Sabbath, that well known day of rest.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

How exactly is it homophobic?

Drunks
Homosexuals
Adulterers
Liars
Fornicators
Thieves
Atheists
Idolaters

Find it funny that if it wasn’t for idolators, blokes like Folau and Ablett would probably be driving trucks or working in factories all day, playing footy on a Saturday for $500 and a drink card.

Drunks
Homosexuals
Adulterers
Liars
Fornicators
Thieves
Atheists
Idolaters

If you'd managed seven out of the eight, would you be tempted to bat for the other side just once to collect the whole set?

Yeah who knows, a Christian suggesting eternal damnation for being gay doesn't sound homophobic at all.

'I've got nothing against gay people or homosexuality, but homosexual acts are sin'

That's their 'I'm not racist, but..' get out card. It's not great but it's the best they have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back