Moved Thread Garry Ablett Matthew Kennedy & God

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you are a rare person who can choose what they believe, but in most humans belief is a state of being convinced something is true, which is not an exercise of conscious will.
Every single person has a choice to believe what they want, everyone has freedom of choice. Folau has clearly made a choice to be a devout Christian believing in this crap.

You’re basically saying people are born into something and can’t chenge. Rubbish.

Every single person has a choice to believe what they want, everyone has freedom of choice. Folau has clearly made a choice to be a devout Christian believing in this crap.

You’re basically saying people are born into something and can’t chenge. Rubbish.
No I never said people cannot change that is just you being dense. When someone becomes convinced that their beliefs do not align with reality they change.

If I walk into a room and see a dog, I have no choice to believe that there is no dog in the room, the belief is automatic.

Something for you to ponder. If the roles were reversed and an openly gay player posted something similar about devout Christians, I bet my bottom dollar said player would not have his contract torn up. In fact he’d probably be hailed a hero for, as a gay man, having the “courage” to stand up for what he believes. This is just one of the many accepted double standards in our new age bulldust PC world.

Person from a majority speaks out against a minority - sacked.
Person from a minority speaks out against a majority - hero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol who the **** is asking for censorship? He's aired an opinion that most people disagree with and is being criticised for it. Are people not allowed to have opinions on comments other people make?

Izzy has made several comments about LGBT people over the years, and it has a greater and negative impact on people (especially young people and kids) compared to condemning liars, atheists etc.
You can have a different opinion (this is fine).

You can't tell someone not to express their opinion/threaten punishment for expressing their opinion (censorship).

A poster mocked the "27 virgins" aspect of the Muslim faith in this thread. That's potentially offensive to Muslims. You think they haven't dealt with a similar level of hate?

Grow up.

Pick one belief you are certain of and for five minutes believe the opposite. Be honest and let me know if you can achieve this feat.
Belief/Faith in a creator/religious ideology is by definition a position based on no proof/evidence.

Faith-

2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

Then you have the laws of physics which can be believed because there is repeatable peer reviewed evidence available. Another example is the theory of evolution ie. evidence based and indisputable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back