Moved Thread Garry Ablett Matthew Kennedy & God

Remove this Banner Ad

Garry Ablett liked Israel Folau's homophobic rant. How Christian of him. As far as I'm concerned both him and Carlton's Matthew Kennedy should be fined by the AFL. I don't give a shite if he withdrew it or not. His like was already out there for people to see.

There is no place for homophobia in the AFL let alone society. These comments hurt people. Young people who are having identity issues or trouble coming out to religious families kill themselves over comments like these.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a perfect world we wouldn't but in the real world we do. I can think of so many demographics and ages where its present from pretty much any religion - christians, mormons, muslims young and old or immigrants from different and more conservative countries where it's not their custom.

Drunks
Homosexuals
Adulterers
Liars
Fornicators
Thieves
Atheists
Idolaters

**** me, 99% of footballers must fall in to one of those categories, Gary is going to be lonely up there in heaven.

Speaking personally I wish I had read Israel's post before I decided to sleep with some guy last night behind my wife's back whilst drunk. I went to a Buddhist temple today seeking forgiveness, instead I stole some gold icon from the pagoda on the way out.
I think I'm in a spot of bother.

I am an atheist and I disagree with Falou's views VERY strongly. But that's what the bible teaches. It's not like he woke up one day and decided to be a hateful bigot. It's what's taught around the world in thousands of churches and similar to themes to what would be preached in many mosques, synagogues, temples etc.

I wouldn't call it a homophobic rant. While that has attracted most of the attention, Falou was also criticising drunks, fornicators, adulterers, thieves, atheists and more. Like my kids and those Coles minis, he was hell-bent on collecting the whole set.

I am an athiest, but I've read the Bible and I know that isn't what the bible teaches.

Speaking personally I wish I had read Israel's post before I decided to sleep with some guy last night behind my wife's back whilst drunk. I went to a Buddhist temple today seeking forgiveness, instead I stole some gold icon from the pagoda on the way out.
As long as you weren't wearing two different types of fabric and didn't get a celebratory tatt, you might be ok.

They cancel each other out.
Anyway 5 hail mary's and your back onboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a statement on his fundamentalist Christian beliefs as subscribed to by millions of people worldwide. You call it a rant because you disagree with it. Fair enough. Best thing to do. Ignore him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why do the play footy on the sabbath then?
These christian fundamentalist are just greedy hypocrites.
I guess it ok to go against the bible when you get paid cash money?

Wish people would stop all this whining, whinging and wailing about other peoples opinions, clean up your own backyards and get lives.
I'm a lying, drunken, fornicating adulterer but even my wife doesn't carry on like a badge carrying dogooder.

Wish people would stop all this whining, whinging and wailing about other peoples opinions, clean up your own backyards and get lives.
I'm a lying, drunken, fornicating adulterer but even my wife doesn't carry on like a badge carrying dogooder.

Dogooder, greenie, hippie, goody-two-shoes, preacher, know it all, Mr righteous, all horse shyt insults designed to intimidate and discourage non confrontational types while detracting away from real debate, real discussion. Usually used swiftly and without thought by people with no depth of knowledge on a subject and who are far too ignorant and stubborn to admit so.

Trump uses labelling like this, 3 aw shock jocks use it, just about every redneck tosser you will ever meet with all sorts on unfounded opinions will resort to these type of dull witted digs within the blink of an eye.

Now, before you say it. I'll get off of me high horse (YEEHAW!), put on my hemp tracksuit and get back to hugging that tree that is surely wondering where I have been :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I find it funny that a majority of the people outraged by this probably support mass immigration of people who follow a more backwards and bigoted faith.

The world is full of hypocrisy and getting outraged by people who disagree with you only compounds the problem. If Folau and Ablett start throwing gays off buildings then I'll get up in arms but until then I'm not going to lose sleep over someone's personal views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back