Moved Thread Garry Ablett Matthew Kennedy & God

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Homophobic rant? Really? That was one thing on a list of several things.

Ah, humanity. How far we have come. 2019 and people are getting triggered over someone liking an instagram post. Time to put down the keyboard and focus on more productive things than getting outraged over nothing.

Social media both the best and worst thing to happen to humanity. I do fear for our future,.

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
This whole thing is just crazy. Firstly, who the hell, would not be on this Folau list, I certainly am on a few counts. However, I do respect people rights to follow their religious beliefs. Yes, it is stupid to air your religious and political views on social media but this whole thing is getting out of hand. I'm sick of people being offended by everything so easily these days. Toughen up.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Speaking personally I wish I had read Israel's post before I decided to sleep with some guy last night behind my wife's back whilst drunk. I went to a Buddhist temple today seeking forgiveness, instead I stole some gold icon from the pagoda on the way out.
I think I'm in a spot of bother.
How pissed would you be if you'd led a near-"perfect" life, and then been sent to hell for the tiniest of white lies?

I mean, in for a penny... might as well try ALL the fun stuff first!

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I find it funny that a majority of the people outraged by this probably support mass immigration of people who follow a more backwards and bigoted faith.

The world is full of hypocrisy and getting outraged by people who disagree with you only compounds the problem. If Folau and Ablett start throwing gays off buildings then I'll get up in arms but until then I'm not going to lose sleep over someone's personal views.
No we dont. We despise all religion.

The hypocrisy is that christian conservatives are the ones who are most afraid of muslim immigrants when you basically have the same opinions on most topics.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Greed is one the seven deadly sins.

Folau had no f@cking clue about AFL, but the greedy prick still took a couple million dollars for doing SFA.

Ablett left his hometown to chase extra money. Missed out on family time etc.

It’s so f@cking funny that Matthew Kennedy liked that photo. I once was out in the city, and he was on the absolute piss. Drunk off his face.

Typical BS religious mentality.
Let’s point fingers at someone else, but forget about our own “sins”.

These idiots believe in a book that has less credibility than Robert Walls.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
It shouldn't surprise anyone that a religion doesn't validate alternative lifestyles.

Has someone's illusion of god been destroyed by the realisation that a millennia old religion hasn't gotten with the 'rush to validate' modern culture?

To those most strictly studying and following their faith it would be a very simple thing to understand. You're either a one or a two. If someone comes along and believes there is a place in the same afterlife for a three because they are a three then what they are actually doing is following a different faith under the same name.

This eventually boils down to god and religion suiting the believer. As much as someone might want their faith to include them if it doesn't, it doesn't, so their version of the inclusive faith is different.

Which is why I am surprised anyone is ever upset by the views of anyone else about religion. They are all talking from an ultimately self validated and unverifiable point of authority, religion is an anthropological exercise to me, not a living mysticism.

God creates dinosaurs, god destroys dinosaurs, god creates man, man destroys god, man creates dinosaurs, dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth.

Is there some deep ingrained burning yearning for the great power above to part the skies and give someone the thumbs up for living their life how they feel compelled to?
I don’t understand any of this...

Greed is one the seven deadly sins.

Folau had no f@cking clue about AFL, but the greedy prick still took a couple million dollars for doing SFA.

Ablett left his hometown to chase extra money. Missed out on family time etc.

It’s so f@cking funny that Matthew Kennedy liked that photo. I once was out in the city, and he was on the absolute piss. Drunk off his face.

Typical BS religious mentality.
Let’s point fingers at someone else, but forget about our own “sins”.

These idiots believe in a book that has less credibility than Robert Walls.
Most of the fundies like Falou or Ablett have long since forsaken god for mammon. To be rich is to be virtuous.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
In the spirit of anti religion a special shout out to the french renovators who put kindling all around the 1000 year old Notre Dame and lit it up. Dumb dumbs

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Drunks
Homosexuals
Adulterers
Liars
Fornicators
Thieves
Atheists
Idolaters

**** me, 99% of footballers must fall in to one of those categories, Gary is going to be lonely up there in heaven.

If I manage all 8 in one sitting and shout "bingo" do I get a prize?

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's suggesting that homosexuality is sinful. And lumps in in with theivin', etc.

Thats because the bible says it is which is his religion and belief system. If you disagree then that is your right too.

Romans 1:26-27 New International Version (NIV)
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Leviticus 18:22 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Its actually more that they don't dislike the person, but also dont agree with their sexual choices due to their belief system.
Their religion also separates the desire and the action, where as the desire in society is validation of the action.

It's actually ok to be gay in the church. They think god adds that extra challenge to that person's life that requires them to not give into their desires.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Same as I do for most of things. Ignore. However that example is a little different to the Folau post

The thing with all of this is that everyone is missing is that they aren't calling for gays, drunks ext to die or to suffer in real life. They are saying that they will go to a make believe bad place when they die. Most normal people know this place doesn't exist so why should we give a **** who they think are going to that place?

We should be more concerned about these people like Folau and Ablett believing in this fictitious place and book tbh

Hell is not even in the original biblical text it was a concept introduced and mis-translated into it.

Sheol in Hebrew simply means grave. Hell does not exist (even if you believe in GOD) it is the opposite of what he stands for an "all loving entity" who is meant to be "love" and says mankind are like his kids. How could a father punish a child in perpetuity and not any punishment but a torture to burn for all eternity (that's a evil masochist act).
GOD also states ALL souls shall return to him not some, not just ones who got their head wet, BUT ALL.
The other word that is mistranslated is aiōn which became eternity it actually means for an age ie it has an end date.

Due to roman influence and greek translators they used Hades as the replacement for Sheol which then spawned the hell concept similar to the Greeks Hades. Catholic church (read Romans) who crucified Jesus needed a control to scare people into submission.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Their religion also separates the desire and the action, where as the desire in society is validation of the action.

It's actually ok to be gay in the church. They think god adds that extra challenge to that person's life that requires them to not give into their desires.

Well if they are Christians it is not up to them to judge the individual anyway as that is GODs domain, but it is on them to dislike the act as to not want to be part of it.

So therefor it is perfectly reasonable to be nice, polite and friendly to homosexuals but at the same time not agree with the act as it goes against their beliefs.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am an athiest, but I've read the Bible and I know that isn't what the bible teaches.

Then you need to re read it. It's pretty black and white what it thinks of it.

Romans 1:26-27 New International Version (NIV)
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Leviticus 18:22 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

But I guess it was also written at a time where you could stone someone for talking back to his parents.

I don’t understand any of this...
Some people are really into star trek.

Some really like the original series, very old school traditionalist and anything made after that is fraudulent.

Some liked the original series but next generation spoke more to them, it's a different show entirely.

Then there are discovery fans and they are weird. That's too new, it's not star trek.

Each is three different shows, their own shows for their own fans. All call it star trek

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
'I've got nothing against gay people or homosexuality, but homosexual acts are sin'

That's their 'I'm not racist, but..' get out card. It's not great but it's the best they have.

I'm an Athiest and think religion is stupid.

But religious people buy into a belief system that has structure on what is a sin and what is not. There is nothing saying that their beliefs have to be logical.

I mean I put believing homosexuality is wrong in a similar category to believing eating pork is wrong. Obviously they aren't similar in terms of the negative impact they are having on the world but they are similar in the sense that they are outdated views that no longer have any logical basis.

Fishbone

Debutant
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Admittedly, if he hadn't mentioned LGBT people, then the number of people would have given a s**t would be quickly approaching zero.

The only reason why LGBT is the "in" social issue to jump on is because of how loud and bat s**t crazy trans people are. I have watched countless times a trans person absolutely lose their s**t over the tiniest thing.

So now in this era of 120k social media followers trans people have a very loud voice and don't you dare cross them or their army of easily outraged "moralists" (ironic I know) or you're basically ****ed.

So people are being dishonest in their support because they don't want to be embarrassed on social media. Then you have those that simply dont give a *, like Israel and well look what occurs.

Back