Universal Love GARY ABLETT 2018 HIGHLIGHTS

Remove this Banner Ad

So now we'll be on Carlton & Gold Coast level if we play an extra kid? Sure mate whatever you say.

And of course you can't see any youngster keeping us in games, their not experienced enough cause of Gary but give someone like Parfitt a year or two experience in the guts and you'll see him keeping us in matches.

But by that basis though we should be removing Selwood because he's not as fast as he was six or seven years ago and isn't having as big an impact as he was in 2015. Where does it end? By the time you remove everyone that has aged your left with an U/19's squad

he tackles players that have his precious pill but that is only on the ball! You won't see an Ablett on the highlights reel where he runs the full length of the field just for team accountability and a possible tackle!
I was going to say he does and always has done puhlenty of tackling in defence, it's a feature (albeit under-appreciated) of his play.
But then BORIS332 went and spoiled all the fun with those pesky little facts, f-a-c-t-s......

he tackles players that have his precious pill but that is only on the ball! You won't see an Ablett on the highlights reel where he runs the full length of the field just for team accountability and a possible tackle!
good rant..

factless and up there with unicorns....
but good rant.

Go Catters

So 2 minutes and 37 seconds of highlights for the year and everyone's brimming with excitement. The guy didn't even make top 10 in our BF, he's slow, he hardly tackles and if his name wasn't GAJ he wouldn't be at the club. He's taking up a list spot that could be used for a kid who could help us in the future, bloody club and their love affair isn't really doing us any favours.

You do know how the Carji is calculated don't you - if so should be no surprise as to where he finished in the B&F. :eek:

You do know how the Carji is calculated don't you - if so should be no surprise as to where he finished in the B&F. :eek:

Which is why I don't like the method that is used for deciding the Carji. It's how you end up with a Kolodjashnij (who had a solid year, nothing special) finishing in the top 10 and Ablett missing out

But by that basis though we should be removing Selwood because he's not as fast as he was six or seven years ago and isn't having as big an impact as he was in 2015. Where does it end? By the time you remove everyone that has aged your left with an U/19's squad
You have alot of patience explaining obvious things... I applaud you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol- If cash-fleecing was all he had his mind in that night, then we must find another benefactor to dangle some more dough, so he can play like that again!
I rarely agree with JH. I do on this point. If all you are looking at is statistics, then Ablett had a first half blinder that game. He dominated our midfield...but right into Collingwood's hands. The amount of pissy little give and goes, going backwards, he did was amazing. The worst was a 30 metres kick back to a confused Enright. Then according to Ablett Rules at the time, Enright passes it back to Ablett. Intercepted. Goal. Ablett designed his dominant game around himself back then.

Why do you think Collingwood never tried a serious tag on him?

The only goals we got at one time was when SJ and Wojo took the game on and ran the ball out and belted it into the 50. Basic stuff, but it worked.

I rarely agree with JH. I do on this point. If all you are looking at is statistics, then Ablett had a first half blinder that game. He dominated our midfield...but right into Collingwood's hands. The amount of pissy little give and goes, going backwards, he did was amazing. The worst was a 30 metres kick back to a confused Enright. Then according to Ablett Rules at the time, Enright passes it back to Ablett. Intercepted. Goal. Ablett designed his dominant game around himself back then.

Why do you think Collingwood never tried a serious tag on him?

The only goals we got at one time was when SJ and Wojo took the game on and ran the ball out and belted it into the 50. Basic stuff, but it worked.
Ah well, not how I remember it at all, but hey- am not getting any younger, maybe the memory isn’t what it was!

Last edited:
So 2 minutes and 37 seconds of highlights for the year and everyone's brimming with excitement. The guy didn't even make top 10 in our BF, he's slow, he hardly tackles and if his name wasn't GAJ he wouldn't be at the club. He's taking up a list spot that could be used for a kid who could help us in the future, bloody club and their love affair isn't really doing us any favours.

His tackles per game average was about 0.5 below what it was during his premiership era. His disposal numbers were better than 07/08, and his kick numbers were career high for his Geelong career. Virtually all major statistical categories aside from goals, and clangers, were roughly on par with what he was producing from 07-10.
He’s not a kid anymore, he’s not gonna be greased lightning but he is still elite.

His tackles per game average was about 0.5 below what it was during his premiership era. His disposal numbers were better than 07/08, and his kick numbers were career high for his Geelong career. Virtually all major statistical categories aside from goals, and clangers, were roughly on par with what he was producing from 07-10.
He’s not a kid anymore, he’s not gonna be greased lightning but he is still elite.
Other players can look elite in our midfield when you've got Selwood and Danger getting most of the attention. He doesn't really hurt sides anymore even with the amount of footy he gets and cause of that he hardly gets tagged which is the reason for all those possessions.
I would rather give the list spot to a young player that will help us down the track instead of keeping Gary in the hope we win the flag this year because that ain't happening with the coaching staff we have.

Other players can look elite in our midfield when you've got Selwood and Danger getting most of the attention. He doesn't really hurt sides anymore even with the amount of footy he gets and cause of that he hardly gets tagged which is the reason for all those possessions.
I would rather give the list spot to a young player that will help us down the track instead of keeping Gary in the hope we win the flag this year because that ain't happening with the coaching staff we have.
If the coaching staff were as clueless as you say they are, they would probably take your advice.

So Ablett to the VFL....alternatively, we could sack the bastard....

I'm sure everyone sees the logic in that....

Time for a Sex and a good lie down Jumpy....

Edit....Er...that should be a Bex! Bloody auto correct.....However, I'll leave it because Jumpy will be sure to think its a good piece of advice..:D:D:D

Who is this young player ready to step up? We don't have them yet. Thankfully, I am glad that the selectors have seen a game of AFL before, because it means they won't follow your ridiculous preference. The guy is a walk up start to any side in the comp, and you want to drop him? You have gotta be trolling.

The younger players are being given plenty of opportunities- they are not stepping up enough-that’s why a 34 yer old is still of better value than them.

The younger players are being given plenty of opportunities- they are not stepping up enough-that’s why a 34 yer old is still of better value than them.
That last centre bounce against the Doggos with the game on the line had Narkle and Parfitt in the square.

Gave Harry a chance to win the game that he should probably have taken, too.

Gary Ablett Highlight Video Update

After much discussion and dissection of the available evidence Gary Ablett Junior is:
as good as ever/past it;
strong/poor defensively;
a vital part of the team/a selfish old list clogger;
damaging/unaccountable.

Maybe he should change his name to Chris Scott?

Who is this young player ready to step up? We don't have them yet. Thankfully, I am glad that the selectors have seen a game of AFL before, because it means they won't follow your ridiculous preference. The guy is a walk up start to any side in the comp, and you want to drop him? You have gotta be trolling.
Still of value, younger players could look to him for training and game preparation, he was an on-field coach to the great Tim Kelly this year and would rather have the ball in his hands running towards goal than in Dangerfields. At least Ablett kicks the goal.

Still of value, younger players could look to him for training and game preparation, he was an on-field coach to the great Tim Kelly this year and would rather have the ball in his hands running towards goal than in Dangerfields. At least Ablett kicks the goal.
Like he did against Richmond right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back