Universal Love Gary Ablett - 350 games for the Little Master

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a small week of milestones for the club when we take on the Suns at GMHBA on Saturday afternoon

After 192 games in blue & white #29, 110 in the #9 for the Suns, and lining up in game 48 wearing the #4 back in the hoops, Gary Ablett will run out in AFL game #350; and just 10 shy of game 250 for the Cats

Congratulations to the great man, and really is a fitting week that he'll be lining up against the Suns in this milestone

Career highlights

Just a small week of milestones for the club when we take on the Suns at GMHBA on Saturday afternoon

After 192 games in blue & white #29, 110 in the #9 for the Suns, and lining up in game 48 wearing the #4 back in the hoops, Gary Ablett will run out in AFL game #350; and just 10 shy of game 250 for the Cats

Congratulations to the great man, and really is a fitting week that he'll be lining up against the Suns in this milestone

Career highlights
He'll always be remembered as a dual Marcus Ashcroft Medallist.

His old man was better - just. Truly unbelievable at times maybe cos he exploded into the game so often. And I'd put Carey up there with them. Just FYI

IMO, Senior's best was better, but I think Junior has been more consistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Career highlights

It's quite telling that for a lot of players, some of their "awards" are padded out bullshit. Almost all of Ablett's remain absolutely legitimate.

Five times the players voted him the league's most valuable player. That alone is amazing (the next best is two).

Second best Geelong player I've ever seen. Just.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back