Gary Ablett crying a river over Crowley's tactics

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
This.

I love the way that players are allowed on twitter and interact with the fans outside the game.
It is a massive privilege for both us and them to be able to Tweet their thoughts and opinions. As long it's all PC I don't have a problem with it.

Congrats to Crowley for successfully getting into the heads of both Judd and Ablett on the same night. That's got to be a new record.:thumbsu:

On the other hand I don't think calling a fellow employee a joke (the rest of the tweet was fine) on twitter fits within the HR strategy of the AFL, or any other Australian corporation for that matter #don'tthinktheAFLhasgotahandleontwitteryet

Nice support by SNOS and Parisian Pork!

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
It seems like the AFL HQ's like the controversy. I was shocked when I went on the AFL website to see the Ablett tweet has a massive banner at the top of the website. He shouldn't say stupid things like that though.

chrisjjj

Rookie
Sep 2, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pathetic cheap attack by Ablett. A pity he will not make it onto the ground next week so Crowley could give one back.

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
It seems like the AFL HQ's like the controversy. I was shocked when I went on the AFL website to see the Ablett tweet has a massive banner at the top of the website. He shouldn't say stupid things like that though.

Just went onto the AFL website and that banner is huge. #slownewsday

Dormammu

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Out of sight, out of mind
AFL Club
Fremantle
I doubt it was a kneejerk tweet. He would have had one eye on the fixture, and he's just giving the umpires a heads up.

Onto something here. Last night I used SportsEars, which allows you to listen to the controlling ump (think it was Margetts last night).

In the first half there was a continuous, almost monotonous "Luke (Farmer, the third ump), keep an eye on Judd-Crowley" from Margetts.

So Farmer keeps his beady eyes focused on Judd who gratefully goes about his business in an untroubled, bruise-free manner.

Meanwhile, on the fringe of the pack, Armfield quietly and repeatedly mugs Hill.

At half time I stopped listening and packed the SportsEars away.

Worst $45 ever.

Wharf

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Happy with this tweet however from Matt De Boer:
Disappointing to not get the win tonight. Hats off to @ryanmcrowley who did a great role for the team & is always respected #united

Massive lol at Ablett's hashtag #GiveJuddAFreeKick

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Happy with this tweet however from Matt De Boer:
Disappointing to not get the win tonight. Hats off to @ryanmcrowley who did a great role for the team & is always respected #united

Massive lol at Ablett's hashtag #GiveJuddAFreeKick

I wonder if Judd will start a #GiveGazzaAFreeKick next time he plays. I suspect a conspiracy behind the scenes between those two

:)

Gary Ablett - always sooking and whinging since 2008

Seriously, you're a money whore and a ****ing sook to boot.

I hope you play next week and get worked over with constant legal hits.

Watch the tears flow then :D

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he plays next week, he did it so umpires would pay close attention to whats going on.

Im all for players speaking there minds but not when its discriminating or an attempt to put pressure on umpires.

This tweet puts pressure on umpires to look closer at whats going on, and possibly help gain free kicks.

The AFL normally doesnt allow this kind of stuff, as we saw when melbourne players tweeted about a player getting suspended.
Geelong player tweeting about campaigner somehow wont get suspended.

Once again suprised the AFL are fine with this one.
He is saying umpires arent doing there job an paying free kicks = bagging umpires.

But hey freo players are fair game

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
If he lines up next week, I'd love to see Ballantyne sledge him :)

Also, I'd love to see Crowley smile and offer a big handshake - see if Gazza shakes his hand or not.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
If he lines up next week, I'd love to see Ballantyne sledge him :)

Also, I'd love to see Crowley smile and offer a big handshake - see if Gazza shakes his hand or not.

I think Gazza has just given Crowley and Ballantyne some extra ammunition if he plays next week, a tad silly really.

Still, the exposure this has gotten in the media is utterly pathetic.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL not giving Ablett a please explain. Typical, someone can talk rubbish about us, yet when Selwood twitted something about gws the AFL were quick to jump in and say thats not on. A big F U to Demitriou

shibz_1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2005
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glory, Force, W.Perth
Did laugh when I heard it. What a baby. Does anyone have the footy live freo app? All the boys have their twitter accounts connected. Some of their tweets are hilarious. Last night De Boer thanked Crowley for the job he did on Judd. Then Crowley sent Silvagni a winky face :D

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
Remember this? This might have something to do with why Gaz posted what he posted :D

Ablett had a super game that day, but in this passage of play, Crowley virtually destroys Ablett over 3 hard tackles and makes sure Ablett hurts everytime

Remember seeing Ablett's teary eyed face poke out from under a pack looking up at the umpire haha

[YOUTUBE]ENHlTeocuMM[/YOUTUBE]

kirbylovespurple

Senior List
Feb 16, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Miami Heat
anyone else get a nice message from crowley saying thankyou for the support? he rekons he's ready for a huge game next week can't wait

Yep got a message from crowls on twitter last night he sent it about 1am, good on him for messaging his followers and thanking us for our support

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
The attitude that amazes me in footy is it's okay for a key forward to have someone breathing down their throat and scragging them for 100% of the match, but it's not okay to have it done to a key midfielder? I think Ablett's being a bit precious here.

Midfielders are spoilt. Forwards grow up with a defender on them every game while the star mids get to run around on their own and dominate. Then they get to the AFL and are shocked that the nasty people on the other team are trying to stop them.

Pusswah

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope we give the Suns a deadset bollocking. They want to hop onto twitter every week or two and take pot shots at us?

****ing 100 point win or gtfo.

Back