Gary Ablett Jnr - is he remembered as a Cat or Sun?

How is Gary Ablett Jnr remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They should name it after Dew, he is the biggest servant the Suns have had imo.

But my god the melts on here would be insane if it is changed to GAJ. It would truely cement him as a Suns player/legend.
I suspect Touk Miller is going to give him a run for his money in that regard. Miller has a legitimate shot at winning the Brownlow next year and will perhaps become the first ever club captain to lead us to a finals series. Those achievements alone may put him ahead of Gaz in terms of being the frontrunner to have their namesake added to our B&F award. Also, most people would likely lean towards a player who has been a Sun for his entire career over someone that played over 200 games for another club.

They should name it after Dew, he is the biggest servant the Suns have had imo.

But my god the melts on here would be insane if it is changed to GAJ. It would truely cement him as a Suns player/legend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do you think Richmond and Essendon supporters spew that GWS’s B&F is named after Kevin Sheedy? Do you think Sheedy is “cemented” as a GWS legend?

I cannot believe the stuff you post

As a matter of interest do you remember Brad Ottens as a Tiger or Cat?

100% Fitzey, I remember when he kicked his best goal against Geelong ironically and even the supporters and Chris Scott applauded it. Haven’t seen that before, truely legendary stuff and it will be what people remember most when they see his highlight packages. Can’t believe Geelong let this guy go.

Oh, I see - it's a circle jerk.

Keep in mind I’m younger so that will affect things.

D Cloke = Pies (Cause of Travis I think but I know he played more for us)

Williams = Blues

Dempsey = Don’t know him

Buddy = Hawks

Croswell = Don’t know him

Sheedy = Bombers cause of coaching even though he played for us

Hardwick = Richmond even though he won flags with 2000 bombers and 2004 port

Clarkson = Hawks

Jeans = Richmond (Heard he coached us, just looked up now he did much more at St Kilda so I’d have to change it to that)

Parkin = Don’t know him

Hafey = Richmond

Lethal = Hawks

You don't know much. How old are you? About 17 (by the sounds of it) with the mind of a 6-year-old.

Here's something you'll know and can relate to:
Glitter Farting GIF by Attractions Magazine

Last edited:
Do you think Richmond and Essendon supporters spew that GWS’s B&F is named after Kevin Sheedy? Do you think Sheedy is “cemented” as a GWS legend?

I cannot believe the stuff you post

As a matter of interest do you remember Brad Ottens as a Tiger or Cat?

Did Sheedy do his best work at GWS? No, pretty self explanatory.

You’d probably have to say Ottens is a cat. Played better over there.

You don't know much. How old are you? About 17 (by the looks of it) with the mind of a 6-year-old.

Here's something you'll know and can relate to:
Glitter Farting GIF by Attractions Magazine

Yet you are the one chunking a tantrum like a toddler. Your profile pick is a pig with wings ffs. I hope you are not 30+ years old, cause that would be just sad.

The point is that I shouldn’t be talking about people I haven’t seen and I underrate the older gen. Yeah I’ve heard all that before, however Lethal agrees with me so there’s that.

What does Leigh Matthews agree with you in this thread?

And if you never heard of Dempsey or Parkin then you shouldn’t heard of Matthews as a player either.

Leigh Matthew’s words are not gospel or an argument ender. He is just another bloke with opinions. Just like Kevin Sheedy has his opinions.

Yet you are the one chunking a tantrum like a toddler. Your profile pick is a pig with wings ffs. I hope you are not 30+ years old, cause that would be just sad.

If only pigs could fly. Probably best used for one of the other threads you frequent.

What does Leigh Matthews agree with you in this thread?

And if you never heard of Dempsey or Parkin then you shouldn’t heard of Matthews as a player either.

Leigh Matthew’s words are not gospel or an argument ender. He is just another bloke with opinions. Just like Kevin Sheedy has his opinions.

That each new gen of players/teams would beat the last, some people on here don’t want to accept that and have a problem with me when I point it out. Chris Scott also agreed with this point of view, I think I’m taking their words over people on here.

I have heard of older players like Matthews cause he is in GOAT contention. I also know the Tigers legends like Royce Hart, KB, Dyer etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sun - And Pele will be remembered primarily as a New York Cosmos player (using the logic in this thread)

Ablett will be remembered long after the safety vest stain of the Suns is forgotten.

4 B&Fs at the Suns compared to 2 at the Cats, would’ve won 2 Brownlows (maybe more) at the Suns if he didn’t get injured. This would’ve come with more MVPs and Coaches awards. On an individual level it’s a landslide in the Suns favour, only if you value flags would you say the Cats. Fact.

its not really comparing apples with apples. Winning a best and fairest at Geelong with the stars in that side have a lot more weight then a B and F at Suns with no other decent player on the list.

For me his most imposing games were as a Sun. Either could be correct in my eyes but for me personally he was at his most dangerous as a Sun and that's how I will view him.

Back