Think Tank Gary Ablett jnr OR Dustin Martin--Who is better?

Ablett jnr OR Dustin Martin

• Chris Masten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian Salem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting topic, two great players Gary 'Gaz, The Little Master' Ablett junior VS Dustin 'Dusty, The New King' Martin.
Both have two premierships, but Gary has two Brownlow's to Dustin's one.On the other hand Dustin has won two Norm Smith medals to Gary's zero.
Also interestingly, Gary has had 1529 clangers to Dustin's 933.
I'm a fair minded man, so I'll say too close to call at the moment, but if Dusty wins a third Norm Smith medal, I think you have to put him on top.

images - 2019-10-23T130010.179.jpeg

71882b5112403be8956d84d7bda9004d.jpg

images - 2019-10-23T130041.701.jpeg

Ablett was better.
If he had stayed at Geelong he would have multiple Norm Smiths.
Sadly he chose the path of a soulless mercenary and spent his best years at the Gold Coast while his former team sank into mediocrity.
Won the flag the year after he left dingus

Anyway Ablett in an absoloute landslide. No contest, Dusty "Junktime Norm Smiff" Martin isn't even fit to shine Gary's head.

they are more or less the same - both flogs of the highest order who's fathers have questionable morals.

Anyway Ablett in an absoloute landslide. No contest, Dusty "Junktime Norm Smiff" Martin isn't even fit to shine Gary's head.
Greatest year of any player ever one of 4 dual normies, no soft Brownlow like Gazzas second at the Suns and loyal a word Gazza doesnt have in his vocabulary.

Not yet but Dusty by the end of his career without a doubt.

Greatest year of any player ever one of 4 dual normies, no soft Brownlow like Gazzas second at the Suns and loyal a word Gazza doesnt have in his vocabulary.

Not yet but Dusty by the end of his career without a doubt.
lol loyal, he almost two years in a row and only ended up staying as the Tigers agreed to pay him $1.2m a season.

• Banned

But what about the 'body of work' that Dustin is putting together? If he wins 3 flags and 3 Norm Smiths he will be in the top 5 or 6 of all time. Gary Ablett senior is still well ahead of both .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol loyal, he almost two years in a row and only ended up staying as the Tigers agreed to pay him $1.2m a season.
Tiger for life, turned down much bigger offers from other clubs against his managers advice, all he really wanted was to stay a Tiger and with two Normies that resulted in two flags he was a bargain at the price, while Gazza did a money grab at the Suns screwing them for years to come and is now back at the Cats receiving retirement cheques and holding back the kids.

Last edited:
Lol not being judgemental at all.
OP asked for a judgement...although I'm not a judge, I went ahead and judged them. If you don't like it, tell it to the judge.
ae38c9e7f646e1dd1158d9ccbb44514b.jpg

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Interesting topic, two great players Gary 'Gaz, The Little Master' Ablett junior VS Dustin 'Dusty, The New King' Martin.
Both have two premierships, but Gary has two Brownlow's to Dustin's one.On the other hand Dustin has won two Norm Smith medals to Gary's zero.
Also interestingly, Gary has had 1529 clangers to Dustin's 933.
I'm a fair minded man, so I'll say too close to call at the moment, but if Dusty wins a third Norm Smith medal, I think you have to put him on top.

View attachment 769271

View attachment 769272

View attachment 769273

Haha wow ur kidding

Dustin Martin by a country mile

Fyfe has no Norm Smith, and strangely he has no nickname. Why is this so? The Flying Doormat 2 or Golden Gladiator could work or maybe The Fyfenator or Nat the Rat.

Fyfe has no Norm Smith, and strangely he has no nickname. Why is this so? The Flying Doormat 2 or Golden Gladiator could work or maybe The Fyfenator or Nat the Rat.

Ahhhh Richmond supporters... judging players on their nicknames...

Back