Gary Ablett Jnr.....We Love You!

Remove this Banner Ad

kinggaz29

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2007
GTOWN
AFL Club
Geelong
i dont have a man crush on gary ablett......... i am fully and totally in love with him! Might kick the misses out i think lol :p

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Number 29

On the Hawthorn v Essendon telecast, Andrew Maher was asked who he thought was the better midfielder, Gary Ablett or Chris Judd. Being a typical Carlton flog, he said Oh, Chris Judd", as if it was a no-brainer.

Ablett is so far ahead of Judd in just about every facet of the game it's laughable, and I just wish people would get over what they are sniffing with this Judd nonsense.

Obviously I'm preaching to the converted, but I think Ablett is the best midfielder I have seen ... and he's getting better!! Just think it needs to be said.

Re: Number 29

On the Hawthorn v Essendon telecast, Andrew Maher was asked who he thought was the better midfielder, Gary Ablett or Chris Judd. Being a typical Carlton flog, he said Oh, Chris Judd", as if it was a no-brainer.

Ablett is so far ahead of Judd in just about every facet of the game it's laughable, and I just wish people would get over what they are sniffing with this Judd nonsense.

Obviously I'm preaching to the converted, but I think Ablett is the best midfielder I have seen ... and he's getting better!! Just think it needs to be said.

Yeh thing with Judd is he has all the awards that Ablett is hopfully Yet to win

Brownlow
Normsmith
And also Judd has been a Premership Captain

I love Gazza as much as anybody else at Geelong, But Juddy has a few more Accolades to hang his hat from........... for now :thumbsu:

Oh and i forgot, I wouldnt mind to watch there misses's going for it in a big tub of jelly either, Geez that would be Sweet.

Dustyjackman

All Australian
May 24, 2008
Frankston
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pines FC
I unfortunately missed Friday nights game, and of course, Gazza's performance.

Has anyone put up some footage on You Tube that you know of. If so, a link would be awesome.

Thanks, Cat fans.

Topper

Club Legend
May 2, 2008
FTG
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers, 49ers
He needs to have 8 kids. And Nablett to. Scarlett can have a couple too while he is at it.

LOL couldnt agree more. the sooner he starts having kids the sooner we all get to see GARY ABLETT JR JR play for the cats, and see the greatest grandfather/father/son combination in the history of world sport!!!

If he keeps this form up and doesnt win the brownlow then theres something wrong with the system, he is by far the best in the league at the moment (just ahead of buddy, but forwards dont win charlie)

Go the little bald one!!!

Eudes

Team Captain
May 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Judd is proble judged too much on WHAT he's done & not what he's doing... Jr is proble better at the min but Judd still isn't 100% at his peak... we'll see in time i think

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
I think that last comment is a good idea, for Costa or the Greater City of Geelong to support the welfare of the club by provision of a fund that supports the birth of more boys.

Government will chip in their 7grand, then city of Geelong puts in another 20 for a boy (especially if they've played over 100 games for F/S eligibility). :D

Got to love father/son rule. I'm amazed by how good Jnr has become, his ability to win a contested possession with the ball on the deck in between a number of opponents is just unbelievable. Even the commentators have a laugh at how easy he makes it look.

Also it is unbelievable that it only took the team to say something to his face that he 'could' be the best midfielder in the comp. It is inspiring that the team 'brought' this out of Gary.

Topper

Club Legend
May 2, 2008
FTG
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers, 49ers

I think we all saw ablett vs judd last week, and i think we all know who was best on ground and who 28 touches with very little influence on the game.

Gary Ablett easily!!!

forrrestGump

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2007
Toorak
AFL Club
Geelong

and cousins was no slouch

cousins is was a much better player, and a player you would want in your team first, judd played the media well, and partially because of a chick in a red dress, which looked like it was styled by the daily planet

ablett and co 500 times better than judd

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong

Cousins was an amazing player. Judd is great, but he isn't the most inspirational player. He just does the job and thats it. With Cousins though, you could practically see the entire team lift when he did one of his surging dashes. I think Ablett is the same. I consider him to be closer to Cousins then Judd purely because of the influential factor.

I think losing Cousins hurt the Eagles more then losing Judd. Cousins was their true leader, the one who constantly inspired them. With both him and Judd gone, the younger players had no one to turn to. Glass isn't a bad captain, but he isn't Cousins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we all saw ablett vs judd last week, and i think we all know who was best on ground and who 28 touches with very little influence on the game.

Gary Ablett easily!!!

Agree. Lost count of how many touches Judd got that night skirting around the back of a teammate in the backline for the cheap handball. I even remember one occasion when he ran backwards about 20m just to get on the end of a handpass.

I reckon Kerr was the best of the WC trio. He was terrific again last night. He just seems to do everything.

I think Judd would probably struggle to get a run in our midfield right now - Corey, Ablett and Bartel are all better and Kelly this year has probably been as good. Not to say that Judd at his best isn't a terrific player, but as someone said, you have to judge on current form.

Camo1902

All Australian
Jun 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian Cricket
Absolute freak of a player. I always rated him extremely highly but this season he has gone above and beyond any expectation i had.

He is the best player in the comp right now and IMO he is playing better footy then any of the other elite midfielders have EVER played.

If he doesn't win the brownlow this year its criminal.

chicachow

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
And he has something a lot of other big guns do not have. Humility and team spirit. A lot of brownlow winners have been best but NOT fairest. Gary is a true contender.

My5t3r10u5

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

I think Judd would probably struggle to get a run in our midfield right now - Corey, Ablett and Bartel are all better and Kelly this year has probably been as good. Not to say that Judd at his best isn't a terrific player, but as someone said, you have to judge on current form.

*ahem* I know Juddy is a little down on form currently (although he's still pretty damn good and almost certainly not 100% fit), but let's not get too carried away. Yes, I think I would pick Ablett at his peak over Judd at his peak, but only just. It's amazing how it only takes a couple of years of injury/form drop for us to forget (or at least diminish) how good Judd was. By all means let's enjoy Gaz's current form but let's also acknowledge that Judd is also one of the all-time stars of the game.

Juddtastic

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Devin Harris, Scull Murphy
After watching him tonight during the footy show i think i'm in manlove;)

Seems like an absolute top bloke and not a bad footy player to boot, wat a little legend!

Big Nasty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2006
Gippsland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cats VFL
How friggin gorgeous is his girlfriend Lauren. :eek:
It was pretty funny when asked if she would prefer Ablett with hair, and she laughed and said he really dosen't have a choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back