Gary Ablett Jr holds the all time record for the most Brownlow votes. Dangerfield, Selwood and Pendlebury are top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha bullshit. Not a single non geelong supporter would come close to agreeing with you.

Brent Harvey and Dane Swan are the only 2 you could argue. However Swan at his best was unstoppable and put up 40+ disposal games with goals.

Selwood doesn't even deserve to be mentioned alongside Sam Mitchell Simon Black Rob Harvey.

Judd was the best in the game for a few seasons. Selwood has arguably never been top 10 in his career for a single season
Selwood never top 10 in a single season...don't post an argument and then finish on that dribble.

Selwood never top 10 in a single season...don't post an argument and then finish on that dribble.
* me. How’d I miss that first time around.
Worst call of the year contender Topkent utterly woeful call.

Hey MacStradbroke, you need to read all of Topkent's responses. So when he says Selwood was never top 10 he means he personally disagrees with anyone who had Selwood in their top 10, i.e., the umpires, AA selectors, media outlets, coaches, and of course football peers.

Hey MacStradbroke, you need to read all of Topkent's responses. So when he says Selwood was never top 10 he means he personally disagrees with anyone who had Selwood in their top 10, i.e., the umpires, AA selectors, media outlets, coaches, and of course football peers.
He would have very little understanding of our wonderful game then. The guy is a superstar. I remember when he was drafted they said his knees would be cooked by 25. Maybe they meant 35. Doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.

He's ripped Melbourne to shreds several times. Maybe that's where the angst lies.

Probably a good time to revisit this thread now that we have a decent sample size to judge.

So, will Gaz break the record this year?

Probably a good time to revisit this thread now that we have a decent sample size to judge.

So, will Gaz break the record this year?

If it happens it will be a great demonstration of confirmation bias.

He might break the record this year. But just watch out. Many more midfielders will break Gary's 'record'. Not because they are better players, pretty simple reasoning, Gary broke the record by not being a better player.

The 'award' has become a joke.

Nuance is gone. Knowing who actually won the game is gone.

AFLPA award is the closest to reality, but it it very much ad hoc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Lewis a few years ago mid season was announced as a sneaky outsider for a Brownlow. Was included in all the talk for the rest of the season.

His actual Brownlow votes up to that point was 3 or 4, and from that point was about 10 or 12.

So once the media announced how good he was going his votes massively increased. Possibly just a coincidence...

And I bet he clocked someone and gave up his chance of winning it.

And he's signed up for at least another 4 years. Going by his Brownlow vote averages, he's likely to displace Judd in the top 5 by the time his career is up. What a gun. :thumbsu:
He's already gone up 7th all time...

It's official. Ablett Jr now holds the all time record for Brownlow votes.
Absolute privilege to have watched this bloke play.

Even this year before he was injured he was murdering us - geelong would have won that game if he didnt go down imho.

Just amazing

It's official. Ablett Jr now holds the all time record for Brownlow votes.

He should have another couple of brownlows at least. If his last name wasn't Ablett he would have 4 Brownlows at least. Every second person involved in football is jealous of Ablett snr. I see it everytime his name comes up. Many in the media would prefer if he wasn't mentioned.

He should have another couple of brownlows at least. If his last name wasn't Ablett he would have 4 Brownlows at least. Every second person involved in football is jealous of Ablett snr. I see it everytime his name comes up. Many in the media would prefer if he wasn't mentioned.
Also had he not have left Geelong he may have had another one or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back