kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I'd put him down as the greatest player (in my opinion) of my time watching Footy (1995 onwards)

I'd put him down as the greatest player (in my opinion) of my time watching Footy (1995 onwards)
Geez that bloke in your avatar brings back memories. Gave me nightmares there for a while. Sensational player was Peter Matera.

So it seems Geelong fans can’t hack that some people might think Judd at his peak was better?
I just find it amusing. I can certainly hack a laugh every now and then. I do know that when it comes to GOAT discussion there's one player who is never in the picture and one who is.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just find it amusing. I can certainly hack a laugh every now and then. I do know that when it comes to GOAT discussion there's one player who is never in the picture and one who is.
Ablett’s career has been phenomenal. No doubt. His longevity and current form is ridiculous. Overall I’d say he has Judd covered now, just that for a period I’d have Judd. Both platers also won brownlows at basket case clubs.

Ablett’s career has been phenomenal. No doubt. His longevity and current form is ridiculous. Overall I’d say he has Judd covered now, just that for a period I’d have Judd. Both platers also won brownlows at basket case clubs.
Ablett's best is better than any midfielder I've seen. I wouldn't rate Judd in my top 5. Others midfielders had more in the letterbox than what Judd did imo.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ablett's best is better than any midfielder I've seen. I wouldn't rate Judd in my top 5. Others midfielders had more in the letterbox than what Judd did imo.
Mate, it’s just an opinion, and if you actually take note of what I said I said that from 03-06 I think he was electric. It wasn’t a reference to his entire career. A 4 year period only.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Geez that bloke in your avatar brings back memories. Gave me nightmares there for a while. Sensational player was Peter Matera.
Chyeah, poetry in motion when he was in his prime. That mix of Aboriginal and Italian really showed in the way he played his Footy I think, was lucky enough to meet him a few times as a kid.

Mate, it’s just an opinion, and if you actually take note of what I said I said that from 03-06 I think he was electric. It wasn’t a reference to his entire career. A 4 year period only.
I wasn't posting referencing Judd in that period. My post implied that anyone who thinks Judd's peak was better than Ablett's peak are kidding themselves. You indicated he might be.

Now there's a reason why some consider Ablett jnr the GOAT. I've never heard anyone say Judd is or could be.

It's all moot though because both are nowhere near Snr in terms of ability and performance.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wasn't posting referencing Judd in that period. My post implied that anyone who thinks Judd's peak was better than Ablett's peak are kidding themselves. You indicated he might be.

Now there's a reason why some consider Ablett jnr the GOAT. I've never heard anyone say Judd is or could be.

It's all moot though because both are nowhere near Snr in terms of ability and performance.
Well my opinion is that for a 4 year period I think Judd’s best was better. And I don’t think I am kidding myself. There’s plenty out there that I reckon would agree. You know I’ve seen some amazing footballers come through, as have you, particularly your own club, and if I look at say 2000 onwards and over the span of their career, I’d say the following have stood the test and I’d rank them this way.

1. Ablett
2. Goodes
3. Bartel
4. Mitchell
5. Franklin
6. Judd
7. Pendlebury
8. Riewoldt
9. Selwood
10. Hodge

But on their absolute best football that is unmatched on raw ability and talent?

1. Judd
2. Ablett

Daylight

The rest

Well my opinion is that for a 4 year period I think Judd’s best was better. And I don’t think I am kidding myself. There’s plenty out there that I reckon would agree. You know I’ve seen some amazing footballers come through, as have you, particularly your own club, and if I look at say 2000 onwards and over the span of their career, I’d say the following have stood the test and I’d rank them this way.

1. Ablett
2. Goodes
3. Bartel
4. Mitchell
5. Franklin
6. Judd
7. Pendlebury
8. Riewoldt
9. Selwood
10. Hodge

But on their absolute best football that is unmatched on raw ability and talent?

1. Judd
2. Ablett

Daylight

The rest
Fair enough. I wouldn't have Bartel anywhere near my top 10 either. Selwood, Scarlett and Enright were better players imo.

I'd also have Buckley, Hird and Voss on that list somewhere.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fair enough. I wouldn't have Bartel anywhere near my top 10 either. Selwood, Scarlett and Enright were better players imo.

I'd also have Buckley, Hird and Voss on that list somewhere.
I put since 2000 but yeah, you’re probably right. Actually the one I overlooked was black.

Bartel at his best? Unbelievable. Best overhead mark for a midfielder, amazing inside and out, excellent goal kicker, didn’t waste possession, was the difference in the 2011 GF.

I put since 2000 but yeah, you’re probably right. Actually the one I overlooked was black.

Bartel at his best? Unbelievable. Best overhead mark for a midfielder, amazing inside and out, excellent goal kicker, didn’t waste possession, was the difference in the 2011 GF.
I just didn't really rate Bartel as highly as others. He kicked in hope a lot and didn't really have any standout attributes compared to others. Just my opinion and I seen his entire career.

In my opinion, which will remain till I die, without Hawkins we don't win that GF. His 3rd quarter took the game away from Collingwood.

He took 9 marks (7 or 8 contested) Kicked 3 goals, dished off another to Johnson and totally embarrassed Ben Reid who was one of, if not the best CHB in the league at the time.

It was the making of him and he should have been awarded the NS medal.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just didn't really rate Bartel as highly as others. He kicked in hope a lot and didn't really have any standout attributes compared to others. Just my opinion and I seen his entire career.

In my opinion, which will remain till I die, without Hawkins we don't win that GF. His 3rd quarter took the game away from Collingwood.

He took 9 marks (7 or 8 contested) Kicked 3 goals, dished off another to Johnson and totally embarrassed Ben Reid who was one of, if not the best CHB in the league at the time.

It was the making of him and he should have been awarded the NS medal.
Hawkins was huge. Still is. Amazing footballer. Have seen him rip us to pieces for years. Love how he is a big old FF.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Se

1. Ablett
2. Goodes
3. Bartel
4. Mitchell
5. Franklin
6. Judd
7. Pendlebury
8. Riewoldt
9. Selwood
10. Hodge

1. Judd
2. Ablett

Daylight

The rest
Selwood is not better than Dustin Martin!

Back