List Mgmt. Farewell Ablett - Officially back to the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sought of keen on Motlop until last night , geez he was bad , Cats will be happy to offload him.

If either Dangerfield or Selwood Is missing or one of them has a quiet night their list gets badly exposed.

I don't see how they can satisfy us in a trade.
For mine it's CGuthrie and their 2018 first round pick.
If they get lapped next week they may just sell GAJ out after colluding with him to fake injury and go into rebuild mode.

I would be asking Ablett to tell us his intentions before the trade period as to whether he will retire or not if a trade can't be facilitated so that if he is retiring we can use that cash to get other players during trade period whether the trade gets done or not.

Couple of Cats posters with intel believe Stanley has come up in negotiations.

Could this fit with the Rory Thompson trade bait rumours?

Sam Day key defender next season upon returning. May/Day/Leslie/Spencer tall defender stocks.

Stanley into the fwd/ruck role. Lynch/Wright/Stanley tall fwd stocks.

Takes the heavy workload of 2MP still developing body and lets him be a permanent full fwd allowing Lynch to roam up ground more?

Just a theory?

Sam Day key defender next season upon returning. May/Day/Leslie/Spencer tall defender stocks.

Takes the heavy workload of 2MP still developing body and lets him be a permanent full fwd allowing Lynch to roam up ground more?

Just a theory?
Isn't Stanley like tissue paper aswell? Would rather Thompson then Stanley.

Just a theory?
If we are even considering Rhys Stanley then Clayton & Ashcroft need to go now.
Stanley would be lucky to get a game for our neafl team

Just a theory?
Stanley's a spud and they know it, just trying to off load him

If we are even considering Rhys Stanley then Clayton & Ashcroft need to go now.
Stanley would be lucky to get a game for our neafl team

Stanley's a spud and they know it, just trying to off load him

I agree as I have the same perception of Stanley. Funny though, his stats are better than Sammy Day in nearly every category as a fwd/ruck!

I agree as I have the same perception of Stanley. Funny though, his stats are better than Sammy Day in nearly every category as a fwd/ruck!
Stats are deceiving you can always find a stupid stat to back up an opinion.
Sam Day is 3 years younger also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up, there's a massive gulf between finishing second and wherever you lot finished up, time to rebuild

May be so, but you lot aren't that far away either, unless you poach a few more defenders to replace Mackie and Lonergan. And maybe look at your forward line.....what was it again....40 pts from the 2nd best team in the comp.....well played....and how did you go against our lot at Metricon again...or did you forget about that.....not bad for our lot eh! so the gulf ain't that massive after all......

Cats posters seem to have gone missing since Friday night, just like their players did.

We're here. Just not much point contributing on this board. Reasoned discussion results in infractions, whereas it's open season for Gold Coast supporters to spout whatever rubbish they want and we've no right of reply. At the risk of receiving another infraction and my post getting deleted I'll say what I said last time: I hope you guys keep Ablett. Good luck next season.

We're here. Just not much point contributing on this board. Reasoned discussion results in infractions, whereas it's open season for Gold Coast supporters to spout whatever rubbish they want and we've no right of reply. At the risk of receiving another infraction and my post getting deleted I'll say what I said last time: I hope you guys keep Ablett. Good luck next season.

What rubbish-I remember clearly the abusive post that required our Mods to have to step in.
It was rank.
Thankfully it was deleted within an hour by our moderator.
The irony of fans who go for the team finishing 2nd who are trying to take the team that came 2nd last champion player and crying a river is not lost on me.

In more positive news however I just had a great morning at Currumbin Beach with the lovely wife, saw some clever sculptures, great breakfast at the surf club and the water temperature for a swim was very pleasant Indeed.

Living on the GC is such a POSITIVE and glorious existence (you see that Choppers and Cochbloched and GCSunsFan?)

Last edited:
GAJ should stay with us
We are closer to a flag than this cultureless rabble of a club.
Jesus.... glass houses and all that

Isn't Stanley like tissue paper aswell? Would rather Thompson then Stanley.
Wasn't Rory Thompson meant to be the next big thing a few years back?

Without a doubt he was but we can't get him on the field. Soft tissue injuries all the time and then he will be reinjure it before he even returns to the field.

I personally am not on board us trading him. He's a local junior.
Genuienly surprised to even see his name mentioned.. but if he can't get on the park I guess that could explain it

What rubbish-I remember clearly the abusive post that required our Mods to have to step in.
It was rank.
Thankfully it was deleted within an hour by our moderator.
The irony of fans who go for the team finishing 2nd who are trying to take the team that came 2nd last champion player and crying a river is not lost on me.

In more positive news however I just had a great morning at Currumbin Beach with the lovely wife, saw some clever sculptures, great breakfast at the surf club and the water temperature for a swim was very pleasant Indeed.

Living on the GC is such a POSITIVE and glorious existence (you see that Choppers and Cochbloched and GCSunsFan?)

There were several posts deleted. Quite a few innocuous ones. Just easier to stay off the board.

No one is crying a river. Keep him.

I like the GC. Have visited several times. I live in Perth, we have it pretty sweet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back