Opinion Gary Ablett Senior

Remove this Banner Ad

A stellar suggestion and one I'd highly recommend. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

However, Mods can't ignore. We'd miss all the filth and fun stuff and then not be able to see the reported content that ails others.

So much like the Coroner, we see it all in its native state.

Go Catters
Who are our Mods at present, and is Cat Empire on LSL?

When did this thread become the discussion of Legendary status for GAS anyway?

He would refuse to attend no doubt.

If he and GAJ went in together it would be hard for GAS to not show up IMO - and it wold also dilute the attention from each other.

That would be a great event but literally years away yet.

GO Catters

Who are our Mods at present, and is Cat Empire on LSL?
David the Cat
Catempire
Winty

CE resumes preseason training soon.

Go Catters

lets close the thread

While I understand your frustration, the topic is GAS and the Horan incident is relevant to him....

However, I think that particular aspect has been thoroughly exhausted by recent commentary in this thread. There are many other subjects within the gamut of a GAS thread that are worthy of discussion...

Lets concentrate on those from here on please.

Not sticking up for either of them and I'm certainly not having a go at you, you posted respectfully,
but didn't Carey glass his GF?
Who cares if he apologized.
Didnt he assault a chick years before that and apologize?
Apologies don't mean a goddamn thing unless your sincere.
One thing that shits me now days is people demanding apologies for things that had no direct impact on them.
Who do you want Ablett to apologize to?
The AFL? Me? You? Wayne Carey?
If he's tried to apologize to the parents that's all that matters and no-one else needs to know.
As far as the me too thing goes I'm not aware of Ablett being violent towards any women? Have you?
Was just too wasted to help someone who od'd,
Didn't on purpose glass a women.
For me they either both get in, or neither do.

Yeah "me too" glass a chick, but apologize to keep your media career going, that's cool.
Or 2 adults do drugs, one of them od's, guy is ashamed, stays out of spotlight as much as possible.
First guy is "sorry" so deserves legend status.
What a load of f****n s**t. What is wrong with the world.
That guy who made the first post, " he tried to to atone for his indiscretions"
By what? Not glassing another chick?
Everything's f***ed. Rant over.

Standing Ovation Applause.gif

Just on Wayne Carey and his fitness to be placed in the HOF before GAS......

North Melbourne paid a young woman $15,000 to keep quiet about being sexually harassed by Wayne Carey and another player at a party.

Wayne Carey pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a female bouncer outside a nightclub after being refused entry, and later settled out of court when the woman filed a civil suit against him.

Wayne Carey gave character evidence for high profile Melbourne gangster Jason Moran during his County Court trial.

Wayne Carey was involved in an affair with Kelli Stevens, the wife of his teammate and club vice-captain Anthony Stevens.

It was reported that Wayne Carey had been questioned by officials at the Adelaide Crows, over an incident where Carey and several friends had been accused of fighting with a group of drinkers in the front bar of the Stamford Grand Hotel.

Wayne Carey, ex-North Melbourne premiership captain, is capsicum sprayed and handcuffed after assaulting police offers answering a domestic disturbance complaint at his apartment in Port Melbourne.

Carey was arrested in Miami, Florida in October 2007 after allegedly striking his girlfriend Kate Neilson with a wine glass and faced charges of assaulting police, resisting arrest and assault at Miami-Dade County Court on February 15, 2008

Wayne Carey sold his story to New Idea where he confessed that he has an ongoing cocaine abuse problem.

Carey is charged with assaulting police and resisting arrest by Victorian Police outside a Melbourne night club..

Wayne Carey pleaded guilty to assaulting Victorian police and received a $2,000 fine.

I'm sure that he has apologised though. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Carey, off his face, becomes violent.
Ablett, off his face, becomes involved in a tragic accident.

BTW Hall of Fame
"In 2004, after several years of speculation over his induction, Ablett personally requested that the Geelong Football Club stop nominating him for selection, which the club agreed to. However, the following year it was announced that Ablett would be inducted into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2005 intake."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ablett_Sr.#Induction_into_the_Australian_Football_Hall_of_Fame
Ablett's Hall of Fame exile to end, ABC Sport, 2 June 2005

I would like to see GAS inducted as a Legend, the same night GAJ is inducted to the HoF :blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

Carey, off his face, becomes violent.
Ablett, off his face, becomes involved in a tragic accident.

BTW Hall of Fame
"In 2004, after several years of speculation over his induction, Ablett personally requested that the Geelong Football Club stop nominating him for selection, which the club agreed to. However, the following year it was announced that Ablett would be inducted into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2005 intake."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ablett_Sr.#Induction_into_the_Australian_Football_Hall_of_Fame
Ablett's Hall of Fame exile to end, ABC Sport, 2 June 2005

I would like to see GAS inducted as a Legend, the same night GAJ is inducted to the HoF :blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

Id not be surprised that he would only appear if both happened on the same night. Who wants to see a mistake from their past raised again...which is what would happen once the Wilson keyboard started to work...

If its football both should be legends.. it make the status "less" when those type are not in there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd want to take it seriously and consequently undermine the pantomime. I don't think Senior is able to be in a contest and not become consumed by the desire to win.
Somehow, I think Gaz Senior running though Chad Cornes and putting him in hospital isn't the type of entertainment the organisers are looking for!
Or maybe it is...

It's probably one of many, many, many incidents that clubs have hushed up from previous eras.

I think it was around the 1980-82 era also.

I thought the alleged assault took place following one of our preliminary final losses, probably the 1981 one out at Waverley.

I remember a season or two later a game against Melbourne at the MCG (maybe 1984, I remember it was early in the season). A Demons supporter obviously mentioned it in the crowd, Turkey who was near the boundary with ball in hand, piffed the ball straight at the offender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back