Gary Ablett Snr on social media

Remove this Banner Ad

This makes no difference to my admiration for him as a footballer, or to the enjoyment I got from watching him play - still get from watching his playing videos.

But it still saddens me to see someone I admired so much deteriorate so badly, and descend into such deep mental instability.

So sad.
Who thought your 28, 300-ish post would perhaps, maybe, possibly, could be your finest, Frederick.:think:

Don’t think any of us who have followed the footy geniuses verbal droplets over the years regarding his faith would be surprised at his latest contribution. He’s a fundamentalist to his boot heels and this sort of outpouring is at the core of those beliefs.

As you say comrade, so sad.

Personally, I think when it does come to religion, it will forever be such a prickly topic of conversation. Certainly respect all opinions on the matter. Unfortunately, this same subject has been such a curse on humanity, I don't think there will ever be a middle ground where we can all get along. Shame really.

Last edited:
After 25 years I didn’t think this would be when we’d hear from the great one.

I must say he’s views on spirituality are interesting to say the least, putting aside all the conspiracy stuff.

Ok I kind of feel compelled to say something, as a practicing Christian (albeit a terribly hopeless one) and a tragic of the cult of GAS.

I am not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think that there is a corporate or political drive behind most of the world's tragedies or anything like that.

I do know that many, many, many Christians of all social persuasions have long held the belief that at the upper echelons of Freemasonry, the practice does diverge towards the occult. So GAS is not saying anything different in this video to what 80 per cent of Christians would probably believe. Gary most definitely is not alone in his views on Freemasonry.

Quite what influence Freemasonry still wields on the world - I have no idea. It's not something I have any interest in or any regard for. But yeah, as far as Christians go, Gary isn't saying anything that most don't believe - simply that the masons are rooted in some fairly dark stuff.

As far as the end times go, well again there are many many Christians who believe the same. As a believer myself I don't think any humans have any knowledge of when the end of the world will happen. that's not for us to know. There's a few things that have happened that are commensurate with some prophecies of the end of the world - but the world is a big place with 7 billion people on it so at any given moment there is probably a situation somewhere that lines up with things predicted years ago. I don't believe it is our place to interpret that and make declarations etc.
I don't think covid is some huge conspiracy. There are many people that do. There are many who believe that Tom Hanks wasn't detained for having Covid but that he was detained for being a part of an organised paedophile ring.

There are many levels of crazy.

I don't agree with a lot of what GAS has said. I actually respect that he has the balls to say it publicly because even someone as reclusive and out of touch as he is, would be aware that he's going to be made fun of, have his sanity questioned, and discussed ad nauseum regarding his past.

At the end of the day, in the era of youTube and social media, these sorts of things are a dime a dozen and while I think you have to be a bit different to wear the tinfoil hat, I don't think it is a sign of insanity etc.
Additionally as someone who has been through a tonne of mental health issues recently and had my eyes opened to the whole concept of it, this isn't a scratch on the surface of what actual mental illness looks like.

Ok I kind of feel compelled to say something, as a practicing Christian (albeit a terribly hopeless one) and a tragic of the cult of GAS.

I am not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think that there is a corporate or political drive behind most of the world's tragedies or anything like that.

I do know that many, many, many Christians of all social persuasions have long held the belief that at the upper echelons of Freemasonry, the practice does diverge towards the occult. So GAS is not saying anything different in this video to what 80 per cent of Christians would probably believe. Gary most definitely is not alone in his views on Freemasonry.

Quite what influence Freemasonry still wields on the world - I have no idea. It's not something I have any interest in or any regard for. But yeah, as far as Christians go, Gary isn't saying anything that most don't believe - simply that the masons are rooted in some fairly dark stuff.

As far as the end times go, well again there are many many Christians who believe the same. As a believer myself I don't think any humans have any knowledge of when the end of the world will happen. that's not for us to know. There's a few things that have happened that are commensurate with some prophecies of the end of the world - but the world is a big place with 7 billion people on it so at any given moment there is probably a situation somewhere that lines up with things predicted years ago. I don't believe it is our place to interpret that and make declarations etc.
I don't think covid is some huge conspiracy. There are many people that do. There are many who believe that Tom Hanks wasn't detained for having Covid but that he was detained for being a part of an organised paedophile ring.

There are many levels of crazy.

I don't agree with a lot of what GAS has said. I actually respect that he has the balls to say it publicly because even someone as reclusive and out of touch as he is, would be aware that he's going to be made fun of, have his sanity questioned, and discussed ad nauseum regarding his past.

At the end of the day, in the era of youTube and social media, these sorts of things are a dime a dozen and while I think you have to be a bit different to wear the tinfoil hat, I don't think it is a sign of insanity etc.
Additionally as someone who has been through a tonne of mental health issues recently and had my eyes opened to the whole concept of it, this isn't a scratch on the surface of what actual mental illness looks like.
Great post. And I agree. He's not crazy at all. Looks and sounds really good.
And yeah was ballsy for sure. Reading the comments under the video on YouTube I really hope he understood how mean the internet is before he posted it.

And yeah was ballsy for sure. Reading the comments under the video on YouTube I really hope he understood how mean the internet is before he posted it.

With the Alicia Horan thing he's just going to have to face facts that he will be hearing about that forever no matter how hard he tries to make amends or move on or whatever.

But there is just no need to be nasty outside of that and I don't know what pleasure people get from doing it.

To be fair I was actually surprised by the amount of support in the comments!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back