Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
http://www.kiis1011.com.au/newsroom...the-isreal-folau-homophobic-statement-scandal

Though I know he's very much a true believer, and he's at least not the person who instigated the post... Gary, you idiot. You're a senior leader of the club - you can't go around endorsing messages (however briefly) about LGBT people going to hell. Some no-name from Carlton is bad enough, but whether you like it or not, as the game's star player for a decade, the messages you publicly send matter.

Not to mention the fact that we have an AFLW team, in a league where same-sex attracted players are highly prevalent.

Have some bloody empathy.

http://www.kiis1011.com.au/newsroom...the-isreal-folau-homophobic-statement-scandal

Though I know he's very much a true believer, and he's at least not the person who instigated the post... Gary, you idiot. You're a senior leader of the club - you can't go around endorsing messages (however briefly) about LGBT people going to hell. Some no-name from Carlton is bad enough, but whether you like it or not, as the game's star player for a decade, the messages you publicly send matter.

Not to mention the fact that we have an AFLW team, in a league where same-sex attracted players are highly prevalent.

Probably my all time favourite sportsperson is Gaz Sr - extremely disappointing individual off the field though sadly.
Somewhat of a 'miracle' Jr ended up as sane as he seems to be (although I'm not to keen to hear him expound on his own religious beliefs).

Find Sr and get a quote out of him and you can almost guarantee it will be nonsense of the most ridiculous kind.

GAJ apparently was only "liking" the quote from the Bible. Still a questionable decision by Gary, after seeing what hot water Folau's post got him into

But what if that is what he believes?

I certainly dont believe that but what if he does?

Why is everyone only complaining about gay people going to hell. Why is no one upset that athiests are going to hell? Or is it ok to say that?
Partially because being an atheist is a bit more of a choice, but more so because people aren't discriminated against in the same way for being atheist, atheists outnumber hardcore religious types by a long way, and because threatening an atheist with hell is obviously nonsensical.

IMO it's not a great thing to say, but also nobody gives a s**t.

Last edited:
Probably my all time favourite sportsperson is Gaz Sr - extremely disappointing individual off the field though sadly.
Somewhat of a 'miracle' Jr ended up as sane as he seems to be (although I'm not to keen to hear him expound on his own religious beliefs).

Find Sr and get a quote out of him and you can almost guarantee it will be nonsense of the most ridiculous kind.
Also have a look at Nathan's video recorded for Catch the Fire ministries or something like that two years ago. It's an... interesting family.

Why is everyone only complaining about gay people going to hell. Why is no one upset that athiests are going to hell? Or is it ok to say that?
Personally, I'm not too worried about being told I'm going to a place that doesn't exist.

I do, however, think that it might have been advisable for somebody to invent hell for people like Folau and his ilk.

Which is not to say that the rugby honchos have any right to interfere in or double punish him for something that is absolutely none of their bloody business.

I don't agree with the statement and I can't stand religion and the hypocrisy that goes with it.
But people should be allowed to say and believe whatever they want.
It's meant to be a free country.

Yes, but not a discriminatory one.

I don't agree with the statement and I can't stand religion and the hypocrisy that goes with it.
But people should be allowed to say and believe whatever they want.
It's meant to be a free country.

It is a free country, you can say what you like.....however, it doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences!

Also GA has withdrawn his like, wasn’t an issue anyway but now even a lessor one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but not a discriminatory one.
We're not. There's probably a little bit more work to be done to make everything tottally equal but we're not bad at all.
The main reason why is free speech and freedom of beliefs, freedom of sexual preference etc.
Remember lefties stopping people saying what they want is eventually going to come back around to you too.

Personally, I'm not too worried about being told I'm going to a place that doesn't exist.

I do, however, think that it might have been advisable for somebody to invent hell for people like Folau and his ilk.

Which is not to say that the rugby honchos have any right to interfere in or double punish him for something that is absolutely none of their bloody business.
You mean there is no rapture? No 72 virgins? Wash your mouth out Frederick!!!!!!!

I think junior has revisited the Folau harangue and 'unliked' it.

As far as the ARU is concerned, if Folau has been told/warned not to proselytise in that fashion as it runs counter to the core values of the organisation and he has chosen to flout that in the most public way then I don't have an issue with the ARU standing its ground. Apparently the NRL is of the same view.

You mean there is no rapture? No 72 virgins? Wash your mouth out Frederick!!!!!!!

I think junior has revisited the Folau harangue and 'unliked' it.

As far as the ARU is concerned, if Folau has been told/warned not to proselytise in that fashion as it runs counter to the core values of the organisation and he has chosen to flout that in the most public way then I don't have an issue with the ARU standing its ground. Apparently the NRL is of the same view.
If I'd known there were going to be 72 virgins in hell, I would have tried harder.:devil:

I dont care about someone thinking Im going to an imaginary place either. But why are we so outraged that gay people also will go to this imaginary place? I dont get it.

I dont care about someone thinking Im going to an imaginary place either. But why are we so outraged that gay people also will go to this imaginary place? I dont get it.
It's not that hard to get.
Say whatever you want but don't expect there to be no consequences.
If you are working for an organization that professes to be inclusive, and they specifically ask you to keep your thoughts against inclusiveness to yourself, you shouldn't be surprised when you are given the sack.
The football codes see LGBT people (and some drunks and atheists) as part of their target market.
It's a commercial decision as much as a moral one.

Actually Folau had an image that condemned 8 groups of people and a text underneath that that singled out other groups.

If I'd known there were going to be 72 virgins in hell, I would have tried harder.:devil:

The 72 virgins are a gift in Islamic heaven iirc.
Sorry Fred, but they are not available in hell.
In the Christian heaven there is no sex after death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back