Traded Gary Ablett [traded to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see how Geelong can afford to give up anything to bring back Gaz. He's our prodigal son but take nostalgia away and it's probably not in our best interest to give up picks to top up again.

If it's me I'd probably only offer a 3rd round pick and to pay 1/2 of his salary. I can fully appreciate GCS might not be happy to make that deal but it's got to be a deal that the cats can live with. We've given away Stevie J, Chapman and James Kelly for naught because that's all Ablett's peers were worth 2 years ago. Mitchell went for next to nothing and I think this falls into that bracket. He's got maybe two years of football left if he's lucky.

Heard on SEN tonight from Tony Sheahan that the Cats could only offer Ablett just over 300k and the Bulldogs are making a big play for him.Interesting thought the dogs cap would be tight with JJ and Bont coming out of contract and having to resign Stringer Mcrae and Dalhaus soon.

Surely the new coach that takes over GCS just trades Ablett.

Get the money off their list and get rid of a player that has been speculated by various people to have asked to leave the club.

Surely the new coach that takes over GCS just trades Ablett.

Get the money off their list and get rid of a player that has been speculated by various people to have asked to leave the club.
Don't know if anyone would want him. Geelong seem to not be overly keen and couldn't see any other team convincing him to go there. Think its gonna be retirement for old Gazza

Don't know if anyone would want him. Geelong seem to not be overly keen and couldn't see any other team convincing him to go there. Think its gonna be retirement for old Gazza
Geelong really comes down to the price they have to pay.
If he is going to retire if he doesn't get traded then GCS and Ablett should end their current contract and GCS trade him for a 3rd round pick. A late pick is better than nothing if he retires anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.2 a year. Apparently it was front ended, so for the last maybe 700-1.0 possibly
Hun says 1.3m but 600k of that is AFL money for ambassadorial roles. So 700k roughly in the cap.

I would be flabbergasted if the Cats were looking to bring in a 33 year old Gary Ablett Jnr back to their club after what they have been doing re list management the last few years, trading out club greats and virtually forcing others into retirement eg. Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Paul Chapman, Jimmy Bartel, Josh Hunt, Matthew Stokes.

I would be flabbergasted if the Cats were looking to bring in a 33 year old Gary Ablett Jnr back to their club after what they have been doing re list management the last few years, trading out club greats and virtually forcing others into retirement eg. Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Paul Chapman, Jimmy Bartel, Josh Hunt, Matthew Stokes.
None of those guys are Gary Ablett though..

I would be flabbergasted if they weren't lookng to bring him in. They'll win another premiership with him if he can stay fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back