Rumour Busted Gary Aryes Gold Coast suns coach 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Coach & player have their level which they can execell in, Ayres coaching level is outside of AFL.
Suns need the next Bomber Thompson / Clarkson type that can coach them for a decade and experience a flag or two.

There is zero chance of Ayres coaching Gold Coast.

May well be the case but if they are going to go for an untried assistant I wouldnt mimd someone like him being there as a senior assistant. The bonds he build and respect he demands from his players cannot be argued and is exactly what a group the Gold Coast needs

This is not exactly news, I think Gary nominates himself for these roles lol.

I hope he stays on at Port. He is brilliant with the young players and a great media/clubman. Makes himself very available to the members and fans. Great tactics, esp. since he operates on a shoestring down at the Borough.

A big budget and first class support would make him a great fit at the GC. As a Port supporter, I wish him the best (...as long as he doesn't end up at Frankston next year lol). He's been a great servant of our club and brought us two flags, the latter against all odds.

That was the theory with Robert Shaw when he went to Adelaide. It backfired as he had no idea how to use the resources at his disposal after coming from Fitzroy. Ayres has at least had experience at two strong AFL clubs, so the choice could be worse. Maybe a two year deal with a succession plan, but personally I think they will go for an existing senior assistant due to the failed Eade situation.

Ive actually heard Mooroolbark in the EFL are trying to get Aryes to coach them next year.
Apparently he is strongly considering it. He lives out that way and wants to start to slow down.

People need to remember the GC are an AFL club
The AFL club will choose the coach.
It will be someone who has done the AFL coaching course.
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the AFL own ALL AFL licences and as such all clubs?

PS Ayres was a great player and a good coach but no way is he getting the Suns job, too long out of the top level of the game

Ive actually heard Mooroolbark in the EFL are trying to get Aryes to coach them next year.
Apparently he is strongly considering it. He lives out that way and wants to start to slow down.
You obviously don't know Gary, the last thing he would want to do is slow down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back