Jerome

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Centrals
Went past a local bottle shop today. Gary Ayers was there, with this big cheesy, grin on his face. He was holding a carton of West End beer, which was promoting a new Crows Contest. "COACH THE CROWS FOR A DAY"

There would be several 1000 Crows fans who should now put their money where there mouth is and and have a go! I didnt get the full details of the contest only that, the cardboard cut out of Big Gazza should be in most bottle shops and that you have to buy a carton of West End to enter. VB is my favourite beer and I only drink West End if I really have to as its cats piss (mind you, it is slightly ahead of Southwark).

I dont think they have done this before, I'll try and get more info out of the AFC website. I think it's a rather novel way of responding to the criticism he got last year.

I only hope the cardboard cutouts last longer than the ones of Scotty Hodges promoting Sip and Save!

cheers

Jerome

I think the whole idea of a coach for the day would be great. It would shut some of these "know it all coaches" that sit near me up. Cause lets face it a coach can only do so much before its up to his players.

I think youd propably be in the coaches box.... if the AFC lets one of us coach a game, they have a serious problem!

Actually i think its a training day

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

I think Gary is a wonderful coach. He coached the Cats to a Grand Final in 1995 you know. And he did a great job in getting us back on trach after we started 2000 0-5. Many teams would have gone straight to the bottom, but we ralied and won a few games in the middle of the year. Go Gary!!

[This message has been edited by CrowsOK (edited 23 February 2001).]

What do you guys think of Gary? He's a dual Norm Smith medallist you know. If I could choose a coach who has won any sort of major award (such as premiership, brownlow, magarey, coleman medal) I would choose a Norm Smith medal winning coach.

I think that's why the club chose him. Because he won 2 Norm Smith medals. The players will just respect him straight away. They will respect him immediately, because he has won, like, two Norm Smith medals.

Go Gary!

[This message has been edited by CrowsOK (edited 25 February 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back