Gary Pert announced as new CEO of Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but as much as you would enjoy seeing Pert on Sunrise talking about how this is a let down and we should be making finals etc it's just gonna mean the media focus on his comments rather than the team.

Put it this way, I'm in as much as disgust as anyone but if this was round 12 and we lost 4 of 5 it would badly be CEO statement worthy.

If we lose the next couple and we are bottom of the ladder. Then yeah full crisis mode can kick in
Would much rather silence that a Koch-style meltdown. Good for Pert that he's learned from his time at the Pies and taken a back seat. I understand the fans who feel like Pert hasn't really set a standard of what we expect as a club though. Not in public, anyway. When PJ started, he spoke about is being a liability (what was the term he used - can't remember). Pert probably doesn't need to release a statement yet, but I suspect the unease around the supporter base is that we have an ineloquent coach, and a silent President and CEO. Nobody really knows what is being said internally. They had the honesty session, which they've obviously all forgotten about, but what else?

If we get whacked by Richmond, which we will unless Goodwin completely turns around the game plan, I'd expect Pert to release a statement. Unfortunately, his three major stories to date have been taking the job amongst rumours of him skipping the process, signing Jaguar, and signing Goodwin. Jag will be spitting chips, but they're irrelevant. I imagine Pert had hoped he'd have an easy first year on the job, with another finals campaign to help tempt sponsors and keep everyone happy. Then he might start shaping the club in whatever image he and Bartlett (who never got along with PJ) saw fit. As things stand, it's a disaster, and we don't have Paul Roos to talk us out of it.

The club will be collectively shitting itself that we're playing prime time this week. Disaster strikes at the G on Wednesday and there will be nowhere to hide.

Would much rather silence that a Koch-style meltdown. Good for Pert that he's learned from his time at the Pies and taken a back seat. I understand the fans who feel like Pert hasn't really set a standard of what we expect as a club though. Not in public, anyway. When PJ started, he spoke about is being a liability (what was the term he used - can't remember). Pert probably doesn't need to release a statement yet, but I suspect the unease around the supporter base is that we have an ineloquent coach, and a silent President and CEO. Nobody really knows what is being said internally. They had the honesty session, which they've obviously all forgotten about, but what else?

If we get whacked by Richmond, which we will unless Goodwin completely turns around the game plan, I'd expect Pert to release a statement. Unfortunately, his three major stories to date have been taking the job amongst rumours of him skipping the process, signing Jaguar, and signing Goodwin. Jag will be spitting chips, but they're irrelevant. I imagine Pert had hoped he'd have an easy first year on the job, with another finals campaign to help tempt sponsors and keep everyone happy. Then he might start shaping the club in whatever image he and Bartlett (who never got along with PJ) saw fit. As things stand, it's a disaster, and we don't have Paul Roos to talk us out of it.

The club will be collectively shitting itself that we're playing prime time this week. Disaster strikes at the G on Wednesday and there will be nowhere to hide.

Everyone has used the kid gloves on us so far, alot of 'but they were good last year and they will be this year eventually'

But maybe after this game? Or certainly after the Richmond game the media will realise we won't just become good again. We were 5th home and away but only 2 wins above 10th I think so much not much had to change for us to drop. Literally losing to port could be the swap. Now I fear we might have slightly fallen behind as the problems we have can't be fixed in one year.

Yeah but as much as you would enjoy seeing Pert on Sunrise talking about how this is a let down and we should be making finals etc it's just gonna mean the media focus on his comments rather than the team.

Put it this way, I'm in as much as disgust as anyone but if this was round 12 and we lost 4 of 5 it would badly be CEO statement worthy.

If we lose the next couple and we are bottom of the ladder. Then yeah full crisis mode can kick in
I reckon Pert would be enjoying a long Easter weekend in some yuppy paradise like Noosa or Port Douglas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back