Past Gary Rohan (Missing: report any sightings to the Geelong physio) - traded 2018, to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have an alert for 2 head joke opportunities

I used to, but I turned the alert off because I thought I should set a better example for you all...

From memory he ranks about 4th for pressure in our forward line

For forward half pressure acts he ranks 5th behind Ronke, Papley, Hayward and (maybe surprisingly) McCartin.

57th in the entire league for forwards who have played at least 11 games (Rohan's amount).

For forward half pressure acts he ranks 5th behind Ronke, Papley, Hayward and (maybe surprisingly) McCartin.

57th in the entire league for forwards who have played at least 11 games (Rohan's amount).
Thanks scaryness. He isn't a pressure forward, so he needs to contribute goals or other attacking impact

He can win you a game get him in. Can actually take a pretty strong grab overhead which would be a nice addition.
I think he probably adds a bit more than we've been getting out of some of the bottom 6 players, but not hugely more. I'm not convinced that he has the ability to be a gamewinner though - I'm struggling to think back to when he has actually changed the outcome of a game aside from THAT Essendon match (although I'd argue others in the 22 deserve the title of game-changer for that one anyway).

I think he probably adds a bit more than we've been getting out of some of the bottom 6 players, but not hugely more. I'm not convinced that he has the ability to be a gamewinner though - I'm struggling to think back to when he has actually changed the outcome of a game aside from THAT Essendon match (although I'd argue others in the 22 deserve the title of game-changer for that one anyway).

Win against Hawthorn this year was a game winning mark and kick to Ronke In the last minutes. We demand something a bit more than the defensive play your roll game from the players and Gary can do this. Can't recall the game this year but he took play on but got caught a few times as he was fumbly. But when clean he is an asset. His goal against St Kilda was first class. I agree with the doubts and concerns but he has massive upside and to me is worth the risk of replacing a Robinson say who can only give you a solid game at best. We all go nuts at the same old defensive mindset but nobody wants to back taking a risk on Rohan who has genuine (IMO) game winning ability much like Nick Davis (Obviously different ability) Davis was a plodder at times but you now and then got something very special I see the same in Rohan.

All people want to do is continually bring up numbers and that's the stark reality but most people concede we will go nowhere in the finals this year. I say add some x factor in Rohan and roll the dice. Just have a gut feel that he is ready to unleash a beauty after being out for a while and seemingly making a concerted effort in the last reserves game to put his hand up.

Win against Hawthorn this year was a game winning mark and kick to Ronke In the last minutes. We demand something a bit more than the defensive play your roll game from the players and Gary can do this. Can't recall the game this year but he took play on but got caught a few times as he was fumbly. But when clean he is an asset. His goal against St Kilda was first class. I agree with the doubts and concerns but he has massive upside and to me is worth the risk of replacing a Robinson say who can only give you a solid game at best. We all go nuts at the same old defensive mindset but nobody wants to back taking a risk on Rohan who has genuine (IMO) game winning ability much like Nick Davis (Obviously different ability) Davis was a plodder at times but you now and then got something very special I see the same in Rohan.

All people want to do is continually bring up numbers and that's the stark reality but most people concede we will go nowhere in the finals this year. I say add some x factor in Rohan and roll the dice. Just have a gut feel that he is ready to unleash a beauty after being out for a while and seemingly making a concerted effort in the last reserves game to put his hand up.
Yeah good call on that Hawthorn match. How quickly I'd forgotten it! I actually have no problem with players getting caught HTB or turning it over when they try to take the game on, but I'm not sure Gary even does that all that often. My mental image is of him sprinting for 100m down the wing to take a mark in the middle of no man's land, then being so buggered he can't play on and can't even kick through the ball and ends up turning it over.

Yeah good call on that Hawthorn match. How quickly I'd forgotten it! I actually have no problem with players getting caught HTB or turning it over when they try to take the game on, but I'm not sure Gary even does that all that often. My mental image is of him sprinting for 100m down the wing to take a mark in the middle of no man's land, then being so buggered he can't play on and can't even kick through the ball and ends up turning it over.

Come on MC BG you're fighting common sense, I can feel it you are close to saying what the heck give Rohan a go :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm struggling to think back to when he has actually changed the outcome of a game aside from THAT Essendon match (although I'd argue others in the 22 deserve the title of game-changer for that one anyway

Papley was one of the game changers in that match. Beyond all our 22 that day, special credit goes to Goddard as the game turner.

Looks like Gaz will be leaving the club.

Thought I was watching his last game in the reserves on the weekend.

I will miss him one of my Fav players should make a few fans happy though.
I don't think anyone would begrudge him if he did end up going back closer to family and other supports after the emotional year that he and his wife have had. If he does leave, I hope the change of scenery does him a world of good and he becomes the player we all hoped he would. I'd be cheering him on every game (even against the Swans). But if he stays, he has to earn that place back in the senior team.

Is Rohan OOC and what would you expect in a trade for him if he wanted to come to Geelong?

Both our clubs have a history of fair trading and putting players’ welfare first so I could imagine it would be straightforward if he wanted to come home given what he has been through on and off the field of late.

Is Rohan OOC and what would you expect in a trade for him if he wanted to come to Geelong?

Both our clubs have a history of fair trading and putting players’ welfare first so I could imagine it would be straightforward if he wanted to come home given what he has been through on and off the field of late.
Hugely popular within the club, if he wants to go home they’ll get him there.

2nd rounder would do it.

2nd rounder is extremely overs :)
SUmF.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back