Past Gary Rohan (Missing: report any sightings to the Geelong physio) - traded 2018, to Geelong

Hopefully this board doesn't sponsor Franklin next year.
We sponsored Hewett and Mills previously who were absolutely excellent. More a case of not even our sponsorship was enough to improve Rohan

Maybe Geelong will play him as a Forward? Dont think he has been used that well over the years, Deep Forward Pocket and there to put on forward pressure thats where he will shine.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
was one of my favourite players. but at pick 6 is a bust. another failed first rounder by the club. to get value for money for that pick we needed for him to be able to go through the midfield and for whatever reason (no tank, no foutball nous) he couldn't manage it. i think he is worth a late second, early third rounder at the trade table.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Maybe Geelong will play him as a Forward? Dont think he has been used that well over the years, Deep Forward Pocket and there to put on forward pressure thats where he will shine.

i think he had ample opportunity to show what he could do in the forward line.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
We are under no obligation to donate him to the litter box. We need fair recompense. They take his full salary and give us Menegola or a late 2nd rounder.
It's what the market is willing to offer and what we're selling is unfulfilled potential. He's got all the tools but has never put it together to become a complete player.

If we got Menegola or a 2nd rounder we'd be making out like bandits. I don't think they would be that desperate for him.

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
It's what the market is willing to offer and what we're selling is unfulfilled potential. He's got all the tools but has never put it together to become a complete player.

If we got Menegola or a 2nd rounder we'd be making out like bandits. I don't think they would be that desperate for him.
If we got menegola for Rohan you can mark down any swans result in 2019 as a win and the cats recruiting panel would forever be marked as a laughing stock.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Geelong don't have a 2nd rounder. Gave it to Gold Coast for GAJ. Got pick 11 right now and two third rounders.

Geelong don't have a 2nd rounder. Gave it to Gold Coast for GAJ. Got pick 11 right now and two third rounders.

Pick 11 and next years first rounder thanks.

See ya Gaz loved ya in the red and white

After having my first child around the same time as his I really followed his story and hardships. Didn't turn things around like I had hoped and injury just came at the worst time.

Think he has some good footy left in him but hope he brings his best against anyone other than the Swans.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
One of their thirds will get it done. If we could turn Rohan into Cam Guthrey that would be great but likely have to give up one if our two seconds to make that happen.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Reckon 4th round at best for Rohan. Maybe if lucky we might be able to trade for two of their 4th rounders and trade 67 back to them.

If we decide to trade out/up our first then we might try something like:

Rohan and 67 for 55 and 56

That would give us net +332 draft points or equivalent of around pick 46/47.

We’d then have enough points along with our two seconds to get Blakey up to around pick 5.

Not withstanding any other trades.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Cant blame him. Having a newborn and being away every second week for a lot of the year would be tough for a new family with no relatives around. Especially tough when you consider the death of the twin.

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
This is nonsense. We've said all year that Rohan was the X-factor we needed in the forward line, so why did he spend 3/4 behind the ball.. Poor tactics by Horse

And he might have been exactly that. However, there are some things like what happened with Rohan's family that easily could derail that from working.

There are plenty other decisions through the season to question Horse about, but Rohan just being on the ground through all that could not be easy.

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I wish Geelong would unwittingly employ you as you end up a mole for us. lol. Menegola is probably one of their top 10 players and Rohan is lucky to be best 22 here. Wouldn't expect much more than a 4th rounder.

I was thinking they might go after Wylie Buzza. Having another ruck around, especially after this season, might not be a bad idea.

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Cant blame him. Having a newborn and being away every second week for a lot of the year would be tough for a new family with no relatives around. Especially tough when you consider the death of the twin.

Even tougher is Gaz and Aimee probably knew how this was going to turn out for a month or longer before the delivery. I cannot even imagine the emotional burden they were carrying through that. Makes understanding why they want to be closer to family easier. But I will miss him.

Back