Past Gary Rohan (Missing: report any sightings to the Geelong physio) - traded 2018, to Geelong

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Even tougher is Gaz and Aimee probably knew how this was going to turn out for a month or longer before the delivery. I cannot even imagine the emotional burden they were carrying through that. Makes understanding why they want to be closer to family easier. But I will miss him.
I'm pretty sure it was quite a few months before, as he posted an incredibly mature and heart-warming message on instagram about the mixed emotions they were going through. It was particularly real for me as my wife was pregnant with our first child and due to give birth at a very similar time. They are good people and I wish them all the best.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I was thinking they might go after Wylie Buzza. Having another ruck around, especially after this season, might not be a bad idea.

you cant be serious. have you ever seen him play?

and he is not a ruckman.

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
you cant be serious. have you ever seen him play?

and he is not a ruckman.

I said might. I live in the states, so no, I haven't seen him play but once or twice on TV here. But OK, I will take your word for it.

So who do you think Geelong might have that we can get for Rohan?

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm pretty sure it was quite a few months before, as he posted an incredibly mature and heart-warming message on instagram about the mixed emotions they were going through. It was particularly real for me as my wife was pregnant with our first child and due to give birth at a very similar time. They are good people and I wish them all the best.

Yeah, the technology that allowed the doctors to detect that is amazing. And I am sure they had some emotional support going on because of it, but I can't imagine the strain.

I hope your wife and child are doing well, and took a highlight mark the moment it popped out.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I said might. I live in the states, so no, I haven't seen him play but once or twice on TV here. But OK, I will take your word for it.

So who do you think Geelong might have that we can get for Rohan?

i was thinking thurlow but not sure what they think about that trade.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, the technology that allowed the doctors to detect that is amazing. And I am sure they had some emotional support going on because of it, but I can't imagine the strain.

I hope your wife and child are doing well, and took a highlight mark the moment it popped out.
She's doing great, but not the Swans fan I want her to be yet. In her short 4-month life she's already been to a couple of games and watched some on TV ... but literally slept through the entire game every time. Come on, Florence, up your game.

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
i was thinking thurlow but not sure what they think about that trade.

I guess the first question about him would be how well is his knee holding up. I haven't seen much footage on him.

But I don't think we will get a player for player trade this time. A deal such as the one that brought in Sinclair for Jetta is rare. I think it more likely we will end up getting a draft pick for Rohan that might later be dealt to bring in an experienced players from any of the 17 other clubs. After the NEAFL grand final, we will know who all gets delisted and who else wants to be traded. With Tippett retired, that frees up a large amount of salary cap space and we might see more than one big name players offered deals to become Swans. Next months trade nights just might get interesting.

Last edited:

SwansFaninUSA

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
She's doing great, but not the Swans fan I want her to be yet. In her short 4-month life she's already been to a couple of games and watched some on TV ... but literally slept through the entire game every time. Come on, Florence, up your game.

4 month olds tend to do that. Enjoy letting her sleep in your arms, you will be missing that part. Don't let her listen to Taylor Swift, I am trying to cure my niece of that. :poo:

Don't take it personally, our gameplan puts everyone to sleep!

At least you are getting her started early following the sport.

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Compare Gunston as a third tall.-mid sized forward to Rohan. Clearly no contest.

I actually dont think that is the right comparison. Gunston is a marking forward in a team which honours leads. We are a kick to location team. He plays more like a puopolo in our team - which its fair to say he is not as good pressure wise

I'm not quite sure whether that is the right comparison either but it is closer to the mark than an out and out third leading tall (which by the way he has played more like the leading tall this year as roughhead has dropped off)

Wonder how many people would review their vote in the poll.

I would but only because it’s best for both parties that he has a fresh start, I won’t be upset if we keep him

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Looks like we might be eligible for $1,000 cashback

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.33.46 pm.png

Skhilton14

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
AFL Player ratings best games recorded in a final 2010-2018
IMG_6366.jpg

Look at number 7 on this list. The next week in the GF he started at CHF, had a poor game, and has barely been in the backline since.

If he stays with us, surely playing him off the backline must be tried again. Would enable us to have pace while using Jones and Mills in the midfield.

AFL Player ratings best games recorded in a final 2010-2018
View attachment 566940

Look at number 7 on this list. The next week in the GF he started at CHF, had a poor game, and has barely been in the backline since.

If he stays with us, surely playing him off the backline must be tried again. Would enable us to have pace while using Jones and Mills in the midfield.

Everytime I want to like the AFL player ratings they do something that makes me question them.

JPK against the Bulldogs not even top 20?

Back