Past Gary Rohan (Missing: report any sightings to the Geelong physio) - traded 2018, to Geelong

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I am an absolute numpty at social media, but when I checked out his Instagram I didn't see any conflicting posts, just ones stating he is staying. So where is this supposed "being forced out" crap coming from?

30755518-8743-49A1-90D3-8F09985052F6.jpeg

That’s from the source yesterday, but I’d been told the same a few weeks ago by a Friend Of The Club.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I wish nothing but the best for Rohan and I hope Geelong get the best out of him. He has all the tools needed to be a great AFL player, he just needs to find a way to find the ball more.

I am sorry that Longmire couldn't do that, and I really wish the coaching staff did not throw Rohan around everywhere and instead gave him one position to make his own. I feel like throwing him everywhere did not help his development.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I wish nothing but the best for Rohan and I hope Geelong get the best out of him. He has all the tools needed to be a great AFL player, he just needs to find a way to find the ball more.

I am sorry that Longmire couldn't do that, and I really wish the coaching staff did not throw Rohan around everywhere and instead gave him one position to make his own. I feel like throwing him everywhere did not help his development.

He played forward for years with fleeting moments in other positions. Had plenty of time and opportunity to make it his own.

All the best to Gaz....

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
I am an absolute numpty at social media, but when I checked out his Instagram I didn't see any conflicting posts, just ones stating he is staying. So where is this supposed "being forced out" crap coming from?

I would suspect its simply being told he's not in the 22 and his chance at playing AFL level with Sydney next season will only become if and when there are injuries. That's a very roundabout way of being forced out.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I would suspect its simply being told he's not in the 22 and his chance at playing AFL level with Sydney next season will only become if and when there are injuries. That's a very roundabout way of being forced out.

Finally the Club cut its losses.wonder if Horse was told.

Seems to me that this is all a shock to GR. What sort of rubbish feedback has been given down the years?

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Finally the Club cut its losses.wonder if Horse was told.

Seems to me that this is all a shock to GR. What sort of rubbish feedback has been given down the years?

I don't understand how it was a shock to him. Is he thick? The dude got dropped to the reserves and didn't get back into the 22 for the last 8 or something games.

Stencorp69

Team Captain
Jul 16, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm sorry to see him go, I've enjoyed his pace, marking and his ability to accurately kick.

I respect the club for making hard decisions but still sad to see him go to another club

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
When he was good he was good. When he ran from halfback and kicked the goal from 50 at Kardinia in 2011 I was mentally unspooling a 10-year highlight reel. Sadly not to be, and he had a shocking run with injury. Good luck to him at the Cats - I hope he can kick a few more goals like that, excepting of course against us, his old mates.
I don't see anything to say he feels hard done by - says he was annoyed at first but like all players he knows he serves at the pleasure of the coach. If the coach wants to move you on, you're moving on.

Has all the tools to be a very good player, a shame he never quite put it together for us. Hope the move is good for him.

At least we'll always have some amazing moments like his mark and goal v Essendon

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
When he was good he was good. When he ran from halfback and kicked the goal from 50 at Kardinia in 2011 I was mentally unspooling a 10-year highlight reel. Sadly not to be, and he had a shocking run with injury. Good luck to him at the Cats - I hope he can kick a few more goals like that, excepting of course against us, his old mates.
I don't see anything to say he feels hard done by - says he was annoyed at first but like all players he knows he serves at the pleasure of the coach. If the coach wants to move you on, you're moving on.
He’s filthy they raised it, he’s pissed he’s leaving, he’s happy it’s Geelong! Will always be a Swan. Source: Brother-in-law...lives down that way.

Sounds very emotional, after all the club did stick with him thick and thin, just like AJ. Good luck to him.

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
Always liked Rohan The Roller, same birthday as that Fu Fella. Often discribed as a utility type. At 27 and some, he needs to find his postion, Horse and co couldn't. Can the Cats.........

Back