MRP / Trib. Gary Rohan offered 2 week holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares. It’s irrelevant.
Isn't Neale hitting Rohan totally relevant to the discussion because Rohan's hit on Neale was in response to Neale first lashing out & hitting Rohan

In all likelihood, if Neale doesn't hit Rohan then we don't see the retaliation form Rohan and Rohan isn't suspended for 2 weeks - exactly why the provocateur should face some form of punishment

Isn't Neale hitting Rohan totally relevant to the discussion because Rohan's hit on Neale was in response to Neale first lashing out & hitting Rohan

In all likelihood, if Neale doesn't hit Rohan then we don't see the retaliation form Rohan and Rohan isn't suspended for 2 weeks - exactly why the provocateur should face some form of punishment
It’s totally irrelevant to Rohan’s punishment. There is no childish downgrading because it was in retaliation.

I know we all have that player that we love to hate, but I do question why Rohan is the target for so many. I know he never has huge numbers but he nearly always makes a contest and his tackling and pressure acts are constants. I can only imagine if we were to play a more attacking game in place of the stop start plan he would be of more benefit. He seemed to suffer in a defensive game structure in Sydney as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His tackling is not a constant. His tackle count is barely better then Menzels. It doesn’t matter how fast you are, if you can’t time your tackles then it’s pointless. Rohan does not know how to time tackles.

It’s totally irrelevant to Rohan’s punishment. There is no childish downgrading because it was in retaliation.

So the lesson here kids is that it's perfectly ok to hit a guy without provocation, but don't you dare hit him back.

If you do, the man will cry, and the AFL will have to smack you.

Here ends the lesson.

So the lesson here kids is that it's perfectly ok to hit a guy without provocation, but don't you dare hit him back.

If you do, the man will cry, and the AFL will have to smack you.

Here ends the lesson.
Yes and it’s a bloody good lesson. We live in a rule of law. The rule of law exacts punishment. Not your fists. We aren’t cavemen anymore.

Yes and it’s a bloody good lesson. We live in a rule of law. The rule of law exacts punishment. Not your fists. We aren’t cavemen anymore.
And yet it's ok for Neale to go all caveman like, hit a guy and not be punished

If the afl doesnt see fit to punish Neale then there is even less reason for Rohan to have retaliated.

you don’t go exact your own revenge because you think the police/law got it wrong.

Did you deem Neale's action as uncalled for, and outside the rules / spirit of the game, or not?

Now Scott has a please explain.....lol.....need to get the lawyers involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The inconsistency is true. And we should point that out. But we don’t go and do round arms to the chest/jaw in response. We just play the ball.

Agreed, in an ideal world we are above that.

But we're all human, and have this unpredictable thing called 'emotion' built into our DNA.

This means that even the coolest head will eventually snap.

And it's a perfectly understandable, human response to be angered when you are hit without expectation. With anger comes a lapse in judgement.

Agreed, in an ideal world we are above that.

But we're all human, and have this unpredictable thing called 'emotion' built into our DNA.

This means that even the coolest head will eventually snap.

And it's a perfectly understandable, human response to be angered when you are hit without expectation. With anger comes a lapse in judgement.
I have no problem with him getting angry. there are different way to vent. Tackle harder, fly for the ball harder. Make sure he does not beat you at a contest. Vent the right way.

the threat of suspension probably impacted Rohan mentally from that point on
He couldn’t get near it. Even more so then usual. What Neale did worked. Now others will try it against Rohan.

I have no problem with him getting angry. there are different way to vent. Tackle harder, fly for the ball harder. Make sure he does not beat you at a contest. Vent the right way.

He couldn’t get near it. Even more so then usual. What Neale did worked. Now others will try it against Rohan.

And it's up to the AFL to actively set about discouraging players from hitting their opponents in the first instance.

Let's see how sincere they are in their proclaimed endeavour to eliminate the dirty stuff. I won't hold my breath.

Agreed, but society puts them on the highest of pedestals when they're doing their jobs (as the Brisbane team doctor was doing).

To suggest that the doctor was being negligent or lying about someone's condition is a big thing.
Doctor wouldn't lie. It's a report with no physical evidence. Player says "I got hit on the head" then doctors report says "player hit on head". No lie on the doctors behalf required

Right.......so what would you have liked the AFL to do if Rohan hadn't hit him back?
Nothing. It was a nothing hit. Nothing would have happened. It was an overreaction, just like most of the comments here about poor Rohan and how despicable Neale is.
How about turn the other cheek, and get to play next week? What a motto that would be.

I can't believe we let this go without challenge, gutless by the club.

It was a 1 week suspension at best.
Maybe they are sick of these retaliations and are suggesting any player who cops a suspension in future for stupidity gets an extra week off from the club, to think about it. Rohan is #1 in this new method?

The person who was the loser, all things considered, was Neale. He showed for all the world to see he can't cope with close tagging. He was the one who sooked-up and had a crack at the coach which was what started the ¼ time to-and-fro. The fact is the flopper didn't like the close attention. Every coach in the league will have noted that fact.

Added to which he's now seen as a flopper and actor. The flopper was the one who lost and in a big way. Rohan isn't sufficiently significant a player for coaches to put much time into countering him.

Just by-the-by according to Caro on Footy Classified the Cats were disappointed in the Lions medical report on the flopper. Odd how he played on, required virtually no on-field medical treatment yet the Lions medical report apparently came at a cost to Rohan.

The return game will be intriguing. Hope we wipe the floor with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back