MRP / Trib. Gary Rohan offered 2 week holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

The person who was the loser, all things considered, was Neale. He showed for all the world to see he can't cope with close tagging. He was the one who sooked-up and had a crack at the coach which was what started the ¼ time to-and-fro. The fact is the flopper didn't like the close attention. Every coach in the league will have noted that fact.

Added to which he's now seen as a flopper and actor. The flopper was the one who lost and in a big way. Rohan isn't sufficiently significant a player for coaches to put much time into countering him.

Just by-the-by according to Caro on Footy Classified the Cats were disappointed in the Lions medical report on the flopper. Odd how he played on, required virtually no on-field medical treatment yet the Lions medical report apparently came at a cost to Rohan.

The return game will be intriguing. Hope we wipe the floor with them.
Neale's contribution improved after the first half.
Whatever he did seemed to work for him.
He is an infuriating player, with an ego for sure (left Freo to escape the Fyfe shadow).

He is not our problem for a long time.
Our biggest issue is fielding a competitive enough team to win the next 2 games.

Neale's contribution improved after the first half.
Whatever he did seemed to work for him.
He is an infuriating player, with an ego for sure (left Freo to escape the Fyfe shadow).

He is not our problem for a long time.
Our biggest issue is fielding a competitive enough team to win the next 2 games.
He was just marginally better after half time but had no real influence. The club couldn't have been happier with Mark O'Connor who did his job, plus some.

The thread is about the Rohan matter mate. There is another thread concerning our next on-field encounters.

He was just marginally better after half time but had no real influence. The club couldn't have been happier with Mark O'Connor who did his job, plus some.

The thread is about the Rohan matter mate. There is another thread concerning our next on-field encounters.
The issue is over, no challenge, threads get closed down a lot sooner than this sad one has lasted.
I'm hoping there are no more retaliatory suspensions for us this year.

The issue is over, no challenge, threads get closed down a lot sooner than this sad one has lasted.
The broad issue is not over as the coach has yet to find out what action the AFL intends taking. If you aren't interested in the matters at hand I respectfully suggest you don't participate here. Or raise matters not germaine to the thread.

Maybe they are sick of these retaliations and are suggesting any player who cops a suspension in future for stupidity gets an extra week off from the club, to think about it. Rohan is #1 in this new method?
Well that might be the case but after the coach came out and publicly defended Rohan for the club to throw him under the bus and not defend him at all is an incredibly poor look.
It’s the kind of action that can turn the players on the administration.

Well that might be the case but after the coach came out and publicly defended Rohan for the club to throw him under the bus and not defend him at all is an incredibly poor look.
What CS says in public could be vastly different to what he believes and what he says to the player(s).
He will have been advised appropriately in this and all matters.

The broad issue is not over as the coach has yet to find out what action the AFL intends taking. If you aren't interested in the matters at hand I respectfully suggest you don't participate here. Or raise matters not germaine to the thread.
What happens to CS with his please explain is also separate to this Rohan suspension thread, so please take your own advice.

Maybe they are sick of these retaliations and are suggesting any player who cops a suspension in future for stupidity gets an extra week off from the club, to think about it. Rohan is #1 in this new method?
It's been the same old same old system for the 60+ years of footy that I can remember.

He had 13 touches in the second half. Thats pretty standard for a mid and quite good for one who has a hard tag. O’Connor stopped him in the first half. He didn’t in the second half.

Nothing. It was a nothing hit. Nothing would have happened. It was an overreaction, just like most of the comments here about poor Rohan and how despicable Neale is.
How about turn the other cheek, and get to play next week? What a motto that would be.

Very noble sentiment, and whilst I admire, and even agree with it somewhat, I understand that it's a high pressure game being contested by emotional, and flawed, human beings.

You can't separate the two. Humans will, and do, react emotionally under pressure. Errors in judgement will occur. EVERYBODY does it. Even you and I.

There was absolutely no physical harm or injury occassioned to Neale. The report, and punishment, is ridiculously excessive.

But what's done is done. Just another little chapter in the recod of AFL hypocrisy. It will soon be forgotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Geelong did all night to Neale ? Is that what you mean?
MOC absoloutely owned Neale all night without punching him. Just admit it, Neale is garbage and a huge sook when he gets tagged

Like Geelong did all night to Neale ? Is that what you mean?
Imagine defending an embarrassing floop like Lachie Neale over a man who won two premierships in your club's colours. Couldn't be me personally, but then I don't defend weak little pampered princes who throw tantrums after they punch someone and get whacked back either.

Just skip the poor ball and go directly into acting.

Such a shame that crap goes on. It's a great game and even better live. No surprise to see Cristiano Ronaldo in there. I saw Figo play in Spain, he didn't need to resort to that.

At the other end of the spectrum in world sports, we have US College wrestler Spencer Lee. He just won his third straight NCAA championship. That's elite enough at that level, but now the fun part. He tore his ACL (his one remaining one, that is) 8 days before competing.

Are you all sooks like Neale??
I’m used to the suns sooking but the Lions doing it now adds a new dimension to it.

Go Catters

Not sure the club has thrown anyone under the bus; I wouldn't be surprised if Geelong was very interested in contesting the charge until the medical report came out and what sunk Rohan is within that report

It would have meant that any challenge would have had a greater focus on the medical report, and putting into the question what the team doctor said - not sure there's too many teams who's publically question the validity of a teams medical report

The incident grading was 'intentional, medium impact and high contact' which equals 2 weeks, and depending on what aspect we were going to challenge on, it still would be 1 week on the sidelines if successful
- intentional, medium impact and body contact is 1 week
- intentional, low impact and high contact is 1 week

The club was probably hopefully that one of those alternative options is what Rohan would have been charged with, and then they'd argue the other one down - so medium impact & body contact is challenged to low impact & body contact, or low impact & high contact is challenged from down to low impact and body contact; that resulting in a fine

The thing that wouldn't have helped the club yesterday was Jon Ralph coming out this this - trial by media before any chance of a fair hearing

Not sure the club has thrown anyone under the bus; I wouldn't be surprised if Geelong was very interested in contesting the charge until the medical report came out and what sunk Rohan is within that report

It would have meant that any challenge would have had a greater focus on the medical report, and putting into the question what the team doctor said - not sure there's too many teams who's publically question the validity of a teams medical report

The incident grading was 'intentional, medium impact and high contact' which equals 2 weeks, and depending on what aspect we were going to challenge on, it still would be 1 week on the sidelines if successful

The club was probably hopefully that one of those alternative options is what Rohan would have been charged with, and then they'd argue the other one down - so medium impact & body contact is challenged to low impact & body contact, or low impact & high contact is challenged from down to low impact and body contact; that resulting in a fine

The thing that wouldn't have helped the club yesterday was Jon Ralph coming out this this - trial by media before any chance of a fair hearing

Interesting that Neale directly went to the media to advise them he is struggling to eat. I could make a lame joke about him stretching his jaw open or something and that still wouldn't be as gutless as a flopper going directly to the media to dob on someone :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

yapping his gob through the pain though, so brave :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back