Traded Gary Rohan [traded to Geelong for #61 in three-way trade with Sydney and North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he went to Geelong.
Rohan and pick 66 for 55 & 56

Values him around 46/47

Swans gain 320odd valuable draft points which combined with the existing seconds they have can enable them to bid Blakey up to pick 5.

Enables us to trade out our first pick if we choose or find a way to trade it up ahead of a likely Blakey bid (which will be more difficult and somewhat risky).

Got injured, came back through NEAFL, then broke his hand
To clarify this, got back and played v Richmond round 15, didn't get selected the next week with Longmire confirming he was dropped, then fractured his hand, missed 3 games and never made it back to the firsts.

The bloke probably sat at around 25 in the pecking order at seasons end and about 30 at full strength.

would geelong be willing to swap him for thurlow?

north seem interested also but not sure what they have to offer?

3rd round at the most.

yeah, i initially thought a third rounder. i find it difficult to evaluate his worth. he obviously doesn't get a lot of the ball and doesn't have the tank to go through the midfield but when he does get it he can be a match winner and he is a great pressure player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To clarify this, got back and played v Richmond round 15, didn't get selected the next week with Longmire confirming he was dropped, then fractured his hand, missed 3 games and never made it back to the firsts.

The bloke probably sat at around 25 in the pecking order at seasons end and about 30 at full strength.

thats what i thought....though some sydney posters were claiming him to be missing from best 22 team of the last few rounds....

no surprise that he is leaving, a fresh start could be great for him...
i doubt i could concentrate on footy going through what he had to endure this year....best of luck to him

thats what i thought....though some sydney posters were claiming him to be missing from best 22 team of the last few rounds....

no surprise that he is leaving, a fresh start could be great for him...
i doubt i could concentrate on footy going through what he had to endure this year....best of luck to him
He's one of those players who splits the fans in terms of whether he's best 22, because he doesn't rack up big possession numbers.

The emergence of Ronke was an issue for him this year as both play the fast defensive forward role. Ronke kicked a couple of bags which put him in front.

swans will look for a swap of 3rd rounder to 2nd for the points for blakey

We dont have a R2. We have picks 54 55 and 56 one of those or a Thurlow/Murdoch type is likely to be our offer.

We dont have a R2. We have picks 54 55 and 56 one of those or a Thurlow/Murdoch type is likely to be our offer.
And realistically that's all he's worth.

And realistically that's all he's worth.

I tend to agree. TBH i wouldnt offer more than about 80 unless he was contracted and i doubt Sydney will play hardball anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back