Science/Environment Gas crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

Power generation is a State Govt responsibility & they could get on with it like WA - too many duds in State Govts of whatever colour, why blame the Fed Libs unless you are some died in the wool card carrying member of the Greens?
Was it Julia or Kevin that approved the export, export a Fed responsibility.
Guess how much I paid for electricity last year and the year before and the year before that?

I have solar.
Renewables are the answer.

Who owns the power companies? Free market? They can charge what they want.

You mean the gas that has failed residents in Q, NSW, Vic & SA? Maybe you mean the lines, maybe you mean the power station owners? Retailers? Do you even know yourself?

2006:https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....mmits-to-domestic-gas-reservation-policy.aspx
Premier Alan Carpenter has welcomed Woodside Energy’s decision to commit to the Western Australian Government’s domestic gas reservation policy.

The Board of Woodside confirmed the arrangement when announcing today’s $1.4billion investment in the Pluto Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) development off the Pilbara coast of WA.

The domestic gas deal was finalised late last week in an exchange of letters between the Premier and Woodside’s managing director and chief executive officer, Don Voelte.

“Securing natural gas reserves for WA consumers is critical to our State’s long-term economic future,” Mr Carpenter said.

“I thank Mr Voelte for his support on this very important matter and welcome Woodside’s investment in another exciting new gas development off WA.”

Under the terms of the Pluto domestic gas arrangement, Woodside has agreed to market and sell the equivalent of 15 per cent of the project’s produced LNG to the WA energy market, providing it is commercially viable. Woodside and the State will negotiate in good faith an appropriate test of commercial viability. The commencement date of the commitment will occur five years after the date LNG is first exported from Pluto, or the date on which the 30-millionth tonne of LNG produced at the Pluto site is exported.

“I fully support and promote the LNG export industry and what this deal has demonstrated is that gas producers can reserve gas for both export and domestic use,” the Premier said.

“It also demonstrates that the State’s 15 per cent domestic gas reservation policy is realistic and achievable.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back