Rumour Gastro

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I imagine, if Astbury had it, then others would have too even if sub-clinical
We could use that as an excuse but i'm not buying it, we played with same attitude as the Port Adelaide elimination final 5 years ago. We thought to ourselves how good are we, yep got this one won no problem.

It's possible that a few guys weren't at their best and it contributed to the loss.
It's also possible that even if fully fit Pies would have won regardless because they were really good on the night.

We will never know either way so no point speculating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astbury was in hospital during last week should never had played either.
Yeah, but an AFL footballer getting 'special' medical treatment by being admitted / getting treatment in hospital when the average Joe would just stay at home and have a sickie (at worst) doesn't really paint the full picture. Maybe Astbury was very very unwell, but maybe he was just a bit unwell and being an AFL player has advantages when it comes to healthcare.. Saying that, Richmond did look super super flat. Collingwood I thought were brilliant, but if it came out that 3-5 Richmond players were unwell I would not be surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back