Rumour Gastro

Remove this Banner Ad

still pissed off that we lost

we wasted a whole season due to this horrible disease

colonwood was the worst grand finalist since carlspoon 1999
Welcome back.

Has been dead silent though hasn't it? Probably indicates they are hurting internally from the prelim performance ?
Should be , Ive floated in and out of fits of rage just thinking about it , we were on a run with the greatest winning streak , home ground advantage at the. MCG of all time and would have played a *en team in the gf that plays their once a year , no I still haven’t got over blowing it

Are the four walls still reinforced with steel, or is the club finally ready to tell us what was up with Astbury and Martin?
I don’t think there’s much reason to. Releasing information would only be an excuse for the media scrutinise us for it - we dodged most of it because it was GF week.

Best to allow the club to move on. We had a really bad night, like how Adelaide had a really bad day on GF day last year. Let’s not let a bad night turn into a bad year like Adelaide did.

Martin's knee corky was way worse than what was first thought so he didn't rehab it properly from the outset. Cost him any chance of getting it right for the Prelim. Strange it as may seem, the reason it wasn't picked up is because the bruise was under his tattoos so initially the medical staff were not alerted. As a result, two weeks later it was still no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played like we had gastro. But the Pies did to us what we do to others. And they just couldn't miss - their players were amazing first half.

Even then, if a few things had rolled our way we'd have come back and maybe done them. Would have been an undeserved win by us. But coupe of unlucky bounces - ump reviews etc, and we went down.

Great learning for 2019. When the heat is on stick to what you do best, don't panic. We lost the plot and lost the game. Gives me the shits tough.

That first miss by Riewoldt was huge. Collingwood scored very soon after it, it was the momentum setter and almost a 12 point swing. We couldn't get the momentum back quick enough after that. The game was basically over within a quarter.
Sure that’s an in game factor, but something was up beyond that. Last year in finals the momentum being against us meant nothing.

That first miss by Riewoldt was huge. Collingwood scored very soon after it, it was the momentum setter and almost a 12 point swing. We couldn't get the momentum back quick enough after that. The game was basically over within a quarter.
if we had gastro makes no difference. our energy levels would have been halved

Being at the game it really felt like we had a chance in the last to run over the top of them. They had given their all for three quarters, played amazing football, and were rooted. We just needed to execute without a mistake and the game could've been ours. It even looked as though the players had some belief too, which hadn't been the case all night.

Unfortunately we made a couple of errors (like Lamberts dropped mark in the F50) and Collingwood capitalised and kicked a quick goal and we were spent.

We were the beneficiary of a good team having a bad day last year (but I truly believe we were a major factor in Adelaide's GF performance). This year we were on the other end of it.

Hope the players come back hungrier than ever to claim another flag.

the ball movement to set that shot on goal up was absolutely electric too. I thought we looked flat warming up, but momentarily watching that build up I had confidence. The next 48 minutes after that were demonic

the ball movement to set that shot on goal up was absolutely electric too. I thought we looked flat warming up, but momentarily watching that build up I had confidence. The next 48 minutes after that were demonic
Yep and I dont underestimate what early momentum can do. Riewoldt kicks that goal and we look hot early and we probably dont get blown out.
Footy is a game of moments, and they stack on each other to create snowballs.

Never mind we move on. Riewoldt was still an absolute star that game and all year.

Being at the game it really felt like we had a chance in the last to run over the top of them. They had given their all for three quarters, played amazing football, and were rooted. We just needed to execute without a mistake and the game could've been ours. It even looked as though the players had some belief too, which hadn't been the case all night.

Unfortunately we made a couple of errors (like Lamberts dropped mark in the F50) and Collingwood capitalised and kicked a quick goal and we were spent.

We were the beneficiary of a good team having a bad day last year (but I truly believe we were a major factor in Adelaide's GF performance). This year we were on the other end of it.

Hope the players come back hungrier than ever to claim another flag.
I agree we had a real shot at it, Lambert marks and goals and its back to 15pts. Game on. Ultimately though, that was not where the game was lost. In that first half we were shocking and Collingwood, to their credit, were magnificent and capitalised. They put us in the position where we simply couldn't make a mistake - and mistakes are inevitable at any level. Eventually the big mistake occurred and they finished us off.

I agree we had a real shot at it, Lambert marks and goals and its back to 15pts. Game on. Ultimately though, that was not where the game was lost. In that first half we were shocking and Collingwood, to their credit, were magnificent and capitalised. They put us in the position where we simply couldn't make a mistake - and mistakes are inevitable at any level. Eventually the big mistake occurred and they finished us off.

In the first half we played like we were scared of making mistakes. Instead of tap ons and quick kicks along the ground we tried to control the ball, and got hammered. Collingwood played like us, and killed us. Couple of things went our way and we might have stolen it. But it would have been daylight robbery if we had. Way of the world sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back