Gather Round 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That's dumb. No chance it's as big next year. Theatre goers won't want to return to Adelaide.

Rotating it to Tassie, Sydney, Canberra, Darwin etc makes more sense.

That's dumb. No chance it's as big next year. Theatre goers won't want to return to Adelaide.

It will only be bigger.

Everyone that travelled over will come back + tell their mates what they missed out on.

The city has been pumping.

The only thing that ever makes sense is
Make It Rain Money GIF

It will only be bigger.

Everyone that travelled over will come back + tell their mates what they missed out on.

The city has been pumping.
Well that’s great! I’ve always liked Adelaide and if the city makes it an annual traditional then hats off. I still think the concept would be better served by rotating it around though.

The only thing that ever makes sense is
Make It Rain Money GIF
Cash upfront is one thing but creating new supporters in non-traditional markets would be more lucrative long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we are deemed relevant enough by the powers that be, for a game or two at Adelaide Oval some time in the next three years.

My wife and I are staying 10 mins from Mt Barker and enjoying a few days in the area. We went in for the Sydney v Richmond match on Friday night as well as watching our poor showing yesterday.

Our performance aside, Mt Barker was an acceptable venue to watch footy, it would have been pretty miserable if the forecast rain had come during the match and it could use a proper scoreboard, my dodgy eyes couldn't read the score in the top corner of the video screens and as far as I could see that was the only score at the ground.

But the atmosphere in Adelaide and at AO was far better. Surely all teams deserve to be rotated through in the next three years. We may end up playing an away final there at some stage, the more games we play there the better, can't imagine experience in the Adelaide Hills is going to be any advantage down the track!

Cash upfront is one thing but creating new supporters in non-traditional markets would be more lucrative long term.
Why work hard creating new supporters in non- traditional markets when you have a State Government offering a signed blank cheque for just showing up?

Anyway, who needs Gather Round when what truly unites football fans all around Australia is their shared dislike of Jason Horne-Francis?

Last edited:
Was there talk of a game at the Barossa Valley next year? I’d be up for that. Hopefully it’d be us.
I’d say there’s a 98% chance it’s in the Barossa. They’ll upgrade one of the ovals. We need to say, we’re the kings of Wine Country and demand we play there. Unless of course Prospect Oval gets a gig, then it’s Everyone Stays At Mavs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back