Gavin Brown - the silence is deafening

Remove this Banner Ad

Chicken and the egg in judging Gavin Brown in his position. All 2nd hand info I've heard speaks highly of him.

Unfortunately sometimes poor team results can cast an unfair judgement on an individual.

Was it Gavin? The resourcing? The recruiting? The coaching / coaching instability? Etc etc.
If you accept any of the above-mentioned shortcomings on your watch for 10 years your not pushing hard enough, don't get me wrong and iam definitely not dancing on his grave but you simply cannot call his tenure successful.

If you accept any of the above-mentioned shortcomings on your watch for 10 years your not pushing hard enough, don't get me wrong and iam definitely not dancing on his grave but you simply cannot call his tenure successful.

Reality says he could absolutely be unlucky enough to have 10 years straight of shitshow around him, painting him worse than he is.

But agree that eventually like any flagging engagement - it's probably time to reset.

It took Clarko and Viney less than 12 months to look at the development program and move him on.
Thats all I need to know.
The fact we are now going to be prioritising development with further resources and the club decided they didn't want Gavin involved speaks volumes.

Get the replacement right North.

Reckon the review would've had some say in this. Just couldn't action until a new team came on board.

Reckon the review would've had some say in this. Just couldn't action until a new team came on board.
Brayshaw on the Rush Hour was falling all over like a Drunken Toad saying how great he was.
The only thing about that Brayshaw has no idea and has lost touch with the supporters of this club in saying stupid things like that.

This will be a defining moment when the replacement / restructure is announced. Not being dramatic, but our future hinges upon the next development team. I hope it’s not just a promotion of Lynch.

"At the end of a challenging season for Richmond in 2016, Clarke joined the Tigers as a development coach and has been part of the football department across the past seven seasons."

Clarke if he doesnt get the Tigers Main job, is he a good replacement?

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been talk before that the resources at his disposal were never really good enough, but at the same time a decade is a long enough tenure for practically anyone in coaching if no gains are made. Eventually the reasons become meaningless.

With both him and Boomer gone it will be very interesting to see what happens from here.

Good luck to him from here.
I thought boomer was staying on part time? What did I miss?

I know plenty of here have questioned our development

1. Larkey - draft pick 700 odd
2. Zurhaar Rookie
3. LDU - pick 4
4. Wardlaw - 4
5. Sheezel - 3
6. Curtis - 400
7. Ford- 500

So how can we develop some and not others is my question. Yes a few are early picks, so were Phillips & Powell.
I'm not bagging them currently, just using them as an example.

CCJ - we've done all we can, it's up to him if he wants to take this caper seriously. We cannot force someone to get themselves fit.

Gotta say the twitter thread is relentless.

It does raise the question about development. There have been so many exciting second rounders or later picks we've burnt through because of the lack of development. It was exciting debut year or two followed by average years then list clogger status.

There are so many names that it's frightening.

It does raise the question about development. There have been so many exciting second rounders or later picks we've burnt through because of the lack of development. It was exciting debut year or two followed by average years then list clogger status.

Out of interest, who are the 2nd / 3rd rounders in the last say, 8 years, that should've made it but didn't?

Yes are we thinking Mahony and then those shitmen from Queensland. They for the most part are recruiting issues.

Ford - how's he going, sexy af. Is the pick of the 2020 draft crop as of now.

It's about the individual, and some individuals are limited due to there natural ability. Don't over play this, the modern game is about being bi-positional, and having some toe,well for those that aren't a KP.

Out of interest, who are the 2nd / 3rd rounders in the last say, 8 years, that should've made it but didn't?
Basti, Black, Kennedy, Harper, Jmac (to an extent should've been better than what he was), Bmac, Garner (first rounder but had huge potential), Wood, Currie (refused to play him even when Goldy had a bad patch), Nielson, Mahoney, Perez, EVW, Hibberd, Watson, Williams, Curtis Taylor hasn't looked flash since his draft year... list goes on.

Some of those players I would agree were somewhat limited and/or injured a lot but there were even guys in the first round that also suffered after a very promising first year. Atley, (rookie pick but showed heaps of excitement in his first few years) Mullett, Durdin... etc etc.

Then there are the MSD picks. Holy * we couldn't at least get one of them to work?

Last edited:
Brayshaw on the Rush Hour was falling all over like a Drunken Toad saying how great he was.
The only thing about that Brayshaw has no idea and has lost touch with the supporters of this club in saying stupid things like that.
Sadly it happens a lot, when you take things Barret says with any seriousness it says a lot about your judgement, JB is mildly entertaining as Billy brownless's straight man but thats about as much as i can take him. He used to and still putts brad scott on a pedestal as well.

Sadly it happens a lot, when you take things Barret says with any seriousness it says a lot about your judgement, JB is mildly entertaining as Billy brownless's straight man but thats about as much as i can take him. He used to and still putts brad scott on a pedestal as well.
The only good thing Brayshaw did was save us from been sent to the Gold Coast .

not a lot on there that is surprising,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back