Remove this Banner Ad

So, van Berlo got delisted

Gav needs a quid and a book will be out for Christmas

Eddie is a long way from a Pulitzer in fact he is not even close to a Walkley

Jonbe54 is Eddie

And apparently drugs and alcohol ruins lives

All in all an educational day

AFL open to drug testing coaches

THE AFL has indicated an openness to drug testing its coaches – provided they are willing - in light of revelations that Gavin Crosisca was a high functioning addict while mentoring young footballers over a period of seven seasons.

While players are routinely drug tested under the AFL's illicit drugs policy, which was introduced amid controversy in 2005, those who oversee their development are not.

Crosisca was an assistant coach at North Melbourne, working with senior coach Denis Pagan, after he retired as a Collingwood premiership player in 2000. He subsequently joined Peter Schwab's coaching panel for the 2003 and 2004 seasons, then coached North Ballarat in the VFL in 2005 and 2006, before reuniting with Pagan at Carlton in 2007. All the while he battled addiction to cannabis, amphetamines and alcohol.

"If the coaches wish to explore being party to a policy then we're happy to talk to them about that," Adrian Anderson, the AFL's football operations boss who oversaw the introduction of the league's illicit drugs policy, told The Age last night.

What next? Drug testing for spectators?

Lost me at "drug addicts dont have a choice"
The classic excuse and cry for sympathy.
We all know different.

Yeah alcoholics dont have a choice either i suppose...or anyone else too bloody weak and self absorbed to control their own actions.

Serial killers say the same, pedo's, wife bashers....just say it how it is...just another weak selfish f'k that has a cry for attention under the guise it might "help someone".

Like we need to hear number 242545 try to explain away being a tosser.

After going through this crap in my faimly, they're all like a broken record. Just STFU and get on with it. Regulation sob story not required princess.

You could tell that rehab had turned his mindset into a robot and he just repeated the spiel he would have been told in therapy. Dont agree with the 'addicts dont have a choice'. You always have a choice you just have to beat the addiction.

Eddie loves to drink his own bathwater, not really ground breaking story he said it would be. There are people like this in society.

Are you serious? That's a ridiculous comment, just because something isn't physically addictive doesn't mean it can't be psychologically.

Just my two cents here. Physical addiction is measured mostly by two phenomenon - tolerance and withdrawal. While debate still continues as to whether marijuana is physically addictive, there is a lot of data to suggest that the body exhibits both these conditions with continued exposure to THC.

Lost me at "drug addicts dont have a choice"
The classic excuse and cry for sympathy.
We all know different.

Yeah alcoholics dont have a choice either i suppose...or anyone else too bloody weak and self absorbed to control their own actions.

Serial killers say the same, pedo's, wife bashers....just say it how it is...just another weak selfish f'k that has a cry for attention under the guise it might "help someone".

Like we need to hear number 242545 try to explain away being a tosser.

After going through this crap in my faimly, they're all like a broken record. Just STFU and get on with it. Regulation sob story not required princess.

Pretty much agree with every word, yet more sob stories from someone with no self control.

Here's a new concept for people to deal with - personal responsibility. If you choose to act a certain way, you deal with the consequences. It would seem fairly straightforward.

Some of your finest work Bollox. Kudos sir. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back