Gavin Preston Shot Dead in Keilor

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Mitchell.

Wasn't convicted, but police have him as the main suspect for that shooting.
Also the poster you quoted didn't say he was convicted for both shootings, but just stated he killed 2 people, which does not seem to be in dispute. Also Herald Sun crime journo was interviewed on ABC Melbourne radio this morning, stated he's shot - and possibly killed - others beyond Khoury and Mitchell.

Also has done time in 2 other states for weapons, drugs and armed robbery.

Sorry, I didn't intend to sound like I disagreed with that poster. My point was more that because he only got convicted for that one murder and it was deemed "defensive homicide," it meant he got a much shorter sentence than he would've otherwise got. Does sounds very possible too that he was responsible for other murders - it's unfortunate that he was able to escape conviction.

Sorry, I didn't intend to sound like I disagreed with that poster. My point was more that because he only got convicted for that one murder and it was deemed "defensive homicide," it meant he got a much shorter sentence than he would've otherwise got. Does sounds very possible too that he was responsible for other murders - it's unfortunate that he was able to escape conviction.

All good, I didn't intend to be critical of your post, just filling in gaps, and agree with you re the rest of your post, cheers.

He was only free because he was able to successfully argue that the killing of Adam Khoury was "defensive homicide" - hence the considerably shorter sentence. Who is the other person you're referring to that he was convicted of murdering?

Sorry I didn't mean to dent the reputation of this fine upstanding individual.

In hindsight he shouldn't have ordered a 19 shot long black.
Ended up being a flat white.

backing up homer simpson GIF

Sorry I didn't mean to dent the reputation of this fine upstanding individual.
Well, when you've chosen to have the most infamous drug lord in history as your avatar, it is bemusing - to say the least - that you're going with the tired, old "only in Australia are we this hopeless at bringing crooks to justice" line.

Pedro Lopez raped and murdered anywhere from 100-300+ children across South America, received a maximum sentence of 16 years in Ecuador, got released with a two year reduction in the 1990s for good behaviour and now no-one knows where he is, while police investigating unsolved murders that bear the hallmarks of his crimes are eager to catch up with him.

No-one's saying Preston was a wonderful person; I doubt those who murdered him were salt of the earth types either. But he wasn't found guilty of murder and I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with his sentence.

A 22yo man has been arrested in Sydney.

I wonder if someone lagged on him or whether he’s been a person of interest and said something on a tapped phone?

What sort of drongo goes around allegedly murdering another person?

Interesting that the arrest was made in Sydney. Was this an interstate hit man for hire? Or a VIC who fled to NSW in an attempt to avoid apprehension?

What sort of drongo goes around allegedly murdering another person?

A drongo like the 2 drongoes in this one:

At least the Keilor drongo arrested in NSW probably did society a favour. The other 2 killed an innocent man. :sadv1:

Toby Mitchell.

Wasn't convicted, but police have him as the main suspect for that shooting.
Also the poster you quoted didn't say he was convicted for both shootings, but just stated he killed 2 people, which does not seem to be in dispute. Also Herald Sun crime journo was interviewed on ABC Melbourne radio this morning, stated he's shot - and possibly killed - others beyond Khoury and Mitchell.

Also has done time in 2 other states for weapons, drugs and armed robbery.
I think he would have had a VERY good defence for the "killing" of Toby Mitchell 🤣

He’s done the community a service but he’s ****ed his life. Not sure why it had to done done at the cafe - certain there would have been other opportunities. Assume he’ll get twenty years for this. Also assume he’ll have to align himself inside as Maghnie will have people baying for blood. Bizarre - probably only got $30k - $50k for it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back