Toast Gavin Wanganeen's post career influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Gav was interviewed on 6PR this evening. When they put him on the spot about the possibility of dual captains at Port Adelaide he was non-committal, but Karl Langdon said "You're the member elected board member, you should stand up for what the members want!" and Gav said "Hearing you loud and clear, Karl!"

Gav was interviewed on 6PR this evening. When they put him on the spot about the possibility of dual captains at Port Adelaide he was non-committal, but Karl Langdon said "You're the member elected board member, you should stand up for what the members want!" and Gav said "Hearing you loud and clear, Karl!"
I thought his interview on SEN this morning was meh!
He wouldn’t be on the board if he wasn’t our greatest player (arguably)

PORT ADELAIDE great Gavin Wanganeen has outlined his vision for his stint in the boardroom after his appointment to the club’s board of directors.

Wanganeen was announced as a member-elected director on Friday after an independently run vote.

He becomes the first Indigenous past player to be on the board of any AFL club, and the first Aboriginal person to join the Port Adelaide board.

Wanganeen says he is aiming for a two-pronged approach to his time on the board, focussing firstly on football.

“The first (prong) will be the understanding of our brand of football and the way we play our football – what we stand for,” he said during an interview on Adelaide radio station SEN SA on Monday afternoon.

“I love the attacking, the creative, aggressive brand of football and playing through the corridor.

“That’s something that has always been a Port Adelaide style of play and if you look at it, it’s been a style of play that wins premierships.

“So that style of football we play will be something I’ll be working closely with the football committee on.”

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-02-11/wanganeen-what-we-stand-for
If he gets his way we might actually mean real Port Adelaide football when we say we are going to try and play Port Adelaide football.

That would be something!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I voted for George and judging by Gav's actions and George's comments on the Co Captain decision I firmly believe I was right.

Early days I know but thus far Gav gives every indication of being yet another yes man. I am disappointed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back