Gawn or Grundy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy better around the ground and Gawn the better ruck.

Grundy more possessions, tackles, clearances and Gawn more hitouts, hitouts to advantage, more goals, and contested marks.

Gawn wins the AFL coaches association award. That'll do me.

Gawn polls more Brownlow votes, but I acknowledge that means jack s**t.

They're two quite different players and both clubs wouldn't swap.

If it is based on this year, it would be hard to argue against the one that the coaches, players and umpires voted to be better.

If its based on 2019 and moving forward it could go either way

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it is based on this year, it would be hard to argue against the one that the coaches, players and umpires voted to be better.

If its based on 2019 and moving forward it could go either way

or we could look at how they went on the big stage last weekend i suppose?

I wouldn’t swap Grundy (nor dees fans Gawn!), though I think gawns year was slightly better but not much in it, his tap work is huge. Says a lot when two pure rucks make AA - compared to cox/NN who were rucks/forward.

In future though I think grundy will edge ahead but looking forward to their clashes over the next few years. The Gawn/Goldstein game a year or two back was epic so more of that please

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grundy has a more complete game in my opinion.
In a purely rucking capacity Gawn wins but the other areas of Grundy's game (speed, tackling, goalkicking) give him an edge.

Grundy reminds me of dean cox ...Gawn reminds me of Arron Sandilands

Take cox over Sandilands

But both at their peak were really good

Cox was probably the best ruckman I've seen since Madden.

marvellous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean cox was better than Grundy and Gawn . ..

And he never got close

That’s the end of the discussion
Really? What on earth does Dean Cox have to do with the discussion?

Gawn vs Grundy = Dean Cox.

Billings vs Bontempelli = Leigh Matthews.

Am I doing it right?

Grundy has a more complete game in my opinion.
In a purely rucking capacity Gawn wins but the other areas of Grundy's game (speed, tackling, goalkicking) give him an edge.
51.40 to 36.35? And Gawn has played eight fewer games than Grundy.

Grundy for me with ease. Some of his games this year like in the prelim are a thing of beauty.

Gawn is fine, but not the sort of ruckman I'd build a team around or anything.

Gawn taps and takes huge marks.

Grundy taps and works below his knees.

This is like Cox vs Sandilands, but neither is as good as Cox and both are better than Sandi. Don't think there will ever be a clear winning answer.
Yup its pick your preference of strength really. For Carlton we'd prefer Gawn as seeing him feed Cripps would be phenomenal.

But absolutely could love Grundy too, he's so clean and fluid for a ruckman.

You cant go wrong with either. Grundys kicking skills are in a different universe to Gawn but in terms of ruckwork Gawn has him covered.

Grundy. People used to say that having Goldstein was like having an extra midfielder. But at the end of the day, no matter how agile he was, he still moved like a guy that was 6'7".

Grundy is a different animal. He moves as well as some of the best mids, and happens to be 6'7". At 24, I'd take him above any ruck in the comp at the moment.

or we could look at how they went on the big stage last weekend i suppose?
So by that theory

Tom Boyd > Nick Reiwoldt

The thing about Grundy is that all the work he does at ground level doesn't come at the expense of his ruckwork. He's immensely strong and a very good ruck, but also runs around as an extra mid. AA ruck and killing it in a prelim at 24. I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league.

That said, Gawn is a weapon and deserves all the praise he gets. You'd be delighted to have either in your side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back