Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
ACL?

There was all sorts of non-expert quasi-medical crap from the commentary team, but the look on his face said ACL to me.

I’m feeling really low about this. So sorry for him, and I feel as though I owe him a bit.

Was going to watch the match on delay, but turned it off as soon as Max went off because I cared more about the injury than the result of the match by that stage. Looks like I saved myself from wasting two hours, at least.

If he's done his ACL then it's going to take me a while to get invested in this season again. I know he's just one player, and you can call me pissweak if you like, but it's so deflating that we might lose our captain and arguably our best player for a year in which we're supposed to be challenging for the premiership. And it's all the worse because he'd be cut down while in the best form of his career, and it his age it would be borderline impossible to get back into top form again, so we wouldn't have just been robbed of this season, but potentially the next 2-3 seasons as well.

Still praying for the best, but steeling myself for the worst.

Was going to watch the match on delay, but turned it off as soon as Max went off because I cared more about the injury than the result of the match by that stage. Looks like I saved myself from wasting two hours, at least.

If he's done his ACL then it's going to take me a while to get invested in this season again. I know he's just one player, and you can call me pissweak if you like, but it's so deflating that we might lose our captain and arguably our best player for a year in which we're supposed to be challenging for the premiership. And it's all the worse because he'd be cut down while in the best form of his career, and it his age it would be borderline impossible to get back into top form again, so we wouldn't have just been robbed of this season, but potentially the next 2-3 seasons as well.

Still praying for the best, but steeling myself for the worst.
At least we know he can come back from an ACL. He did a couple of them early on in his career. Bloody Viney though - of course it would be him...

Gawn with the wind.

Sad if it is an ACL, but if it is and this is the worst thing to happen in his life, I hope looks at it from that perspective.

I’m usually pretty psycho and get really ****ed off when we lose/elated if we win but I basically didn’t really give a * what happened after that. Even if we won by 100. It was completely deflating.

I was thinking earlier in the week that I’ve always thought highly of Oliver and more recently Petracca but Gawn could finish his career as the best Melbourne player to have played the game. Hopefully it’s not an acl but if it is it’s ******* s**t.

Also, a decent * you to Channel 7 for continuing to pan to him in the rooms afterwards. Once is enough, 5-6 times is entirely gratuitous.

Yes Grant, you know what would be great for morale? The leader of the club coming to grips with potentially doing an ACL within full visibility of the team. ******* deadshit

At least we know he can come back from an ACL. He did a couple of them early on in his career. Bloody Viney though - of course it would be him...
Not at his height at his age. If it's ACL that's the end of Max at a high level

But I don't think that's ACL, that's not how you do them. Gonna be a 4-6 week type injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Grant, you know what would be great for morale? The leader of the club coming to grips with potentially doing an ACL within full visibility of the team. ******* deadshi

Daniela had the perfect reply to Grant

You’re pathetic Grant, Max has had multiple knee injuries & has every right to spend some time processing what has just happened. Your idea of leadership is protecting someone like Milne & adult men sleeping with school girls.

I’m usually pretty psycho and get really ****ed off when we lose/elated if we win but I basically didn’t really give a * what happened after that. Even if we won by 100. It was completely deflating.

I was thinking earlier in the week that I’ve always thought highly of Oliver and more recently Petracca but Gawn could finish his career as the best Melbourne player to have played the game. Hopefully it’s not an acl but if it is it’s ******* s**t.
Gawn is my favourite Demon ever. From how he started his career overcame injuries and turned himself into a complete professional to be one of the best ruckmen the game has seen and a premiership captain.

“Max has seen enough”

Of you showing him at one of the lowest moments in his career every five ******* seconds
Was weird that people were up in arms about showing the Howe injury, but silence about showing a player clearly devastated in the aftermath of an injury. Felt really gratuitous/gross to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back