Rumour Gay AFL Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think over analysing how you feel about homosexuals is not the right way to go about it. You'll meet a gay person some day and you'll feel however you feel around them just as you do with heterosexuals. Personally when one of my good mates came out I had no problem because he didn't change his personality.

I do generally get uncomfortable around the more flamboyant homosexuals the same way I get uncomfortable when around mates excessively drunk because it's soo far out of something I would do.

The only issue I find with gays in today's society is when they aren't treated the same way if their preference was the other way...get what i mean?

It's an interesting question. Is there any harm to a person if you say a rumour says they are gay?

a) You are not outright saying they are gay and clearly leaving room for doubt

b) Is being thought of as 'gay' injurious to a person? Are we saying that 'gay' is an undesirable thing to be? Wouldn't that be a homophobic outlook?

Being considered gay might cause undue duress to a person if their reputation is based around being desirable to women or ultra masculine to men, i.e actor, model, rock star, fighter etc etc. The proof would be in the publicity and endorsements thereafter you would think.

It is not as though we are saying that the person is rumoured to be a sex offender. Even though you are leaving room for doubt, that mud would stick, and being a sex offender is illegal and undesirable.

In the end though, if it causes disruption, moderators will remove to clear that disruption. It is not our role to evaluate the truth in something, unless it is clearly known.

I appreciate the role Moderators play in keeping a forum, "clean" and understand the need for administering restraint here.

When we really get into the guts of the gay issue we may find 30% that have no issue at all and maybe 30% that do have an issue with the remainder swinging somewhere in beween dependant on the argument put forward.

My view is that any forms of bigotry are counter productive to our race as a whole.
I'm not sure for how many peoples' views I may have swayed in my time, but hopefully for every one I have, they may have done the same and so and on.
There are issues we can take a soft approach towards but to demean human life is not in the spirit of life itself.
The sooner we grow up the better.

The only issue I find with gays in today's society is when they aren't treated the same way if their preference was the other way...get what i mean?

I think I know what you are getting at and all I can say is that things work differently with minority groups. Most minorities require concessions or legislation to put themselves anywhere close to the prevailing majority.

I could think ... 'I have no issue with gay people, why do I get offered less than they do?' This is a common theme in regards to aboriginal concessions, disabled concessions etc. However just because we do not discriminate, does not mean that they are not discriminated against more than we are.

Most things just address that imbalance and it is hard to know whether it goes too far or not far enough unless you walk a mile in their shoes.

I think I worded that incorrectly..I don't think people are given a leg up if Gay, my qualm was if say a gay footballer has been gay his whole adult life and is then discriminated against once he comes out, even though our interaction with them doesn't change. Also, as a Muslim I'm also aware of those who are comfortable with the underdog tag and are too quick to blame others for their problems. This is a minority though (which sadly gets alot of publicity ruining it for the rest of us) :)
It's really not an issue if you ask the right people. Societies problem is there are people looking out for self interest in influential positions.

Most things just address that imbalance and it is hard to know whether it goes too far or not far enough unless you walk a mile in their shoes.

If you ever get the chance there is a movie out there called 'White Mans Burden' (a little known John Travolta film he appeared in just after Pulp Fiction).

Its set in an alternate USA where the majority upper and middle class of the US are all Black, and the lower class minority ghettoes are all comprised of white people.

Really eye opening.

If you ever get the chance there is a movie out there called 'White Mans Burden' (a little known John Travolta film he appeared in just after Pulp Fiction).

Its set in an alternate USA where the majority upper and middle class of the US are all Black, and the lower class minority ghettoes are all comprised of white people.

Really eye opening.
I've seen that movie. I enjoyed it.

Rumors going around that david hille will announce on the footy show tonight that his gay and is dating a cop, will be intersing to see if its true and how the football public take it.

Rumors going around that david hille will announce on the footy show tonight that his gay and is dating a cop, will be intersing to see if its true and how the football public take it.
What's the ORIGINAL source to this rumour?
Because it is going around EVERYWHERE. Not just here.

I'm just curious as to where it started from, I think it's a bit unfair on David Hille if it is untrue.

Although this is the first time I have heard the Cop part of it.

Anyway, just curious as to where the rumour originated from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

128836660198492758.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back